Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Teen sentenced to 12 yrs after killing 2yo sister
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Teen sentenced to 12 yrs after killing 2yo sister

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teen sentenced to 12 yrs after killing 2yo sister
    Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:40am
IS THIS A REPOST ?

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

By Tom Jones

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. —

A 14-year-old girl has plead guilty to stabbing her 2-year-old sister to death.

Ty'aisa Jackson was sentenced to 12 years to serve, eight behind bars, for the November 2012 murder of Sasha Ray.

Channel 2's Tom Jones was the only reporter in court when the judge sentenced the teen.

"How do you plead to these charges? Guilty or not guilty?" DeKalb County Assistant District Attorney Darius Pattillo asked the baby-faced Jackson.

"Guilty," she said, barely above a whisper.

That's when Ty'aisa Jackson's mother, also Sasha Ray's mother, stormed out of the courtroom in tears. Jackson was 13 when she told police Sasha Ray disappeared from their home near Decatur.

She had been babysitting Sasha Ray and three other small siblings. Jackson admitted she killed Sasha Ray when her body was found in the backyard.

"We know from the Medical Examiner's report the victim had injuries to her heart, her lung her liver and stomach," Pattillo explained, saying Jackson used a kitchen knife in the attack.

Prosecutors asked for a 20 year sentence to serve 10 behind bars at what began as a pretrial hearing. The D.A.'s office pointed to the brutal nature of the crime.

"Not only was she stabbed multiple times but there was an attempt to hide the murder," Chief Assistant District Attorney Nicole Golden said.

Jackson's defense attorneys asked for a five-year sentence.

Melanie Williams pointed to a mental health professional's conclusion that Jackson could be rehabilitated.

"He did believe that Ty'aisa actions were the result of a brief mental break," public defender Melanie Williams said

Judge Gregory Adams pointed out a child's life had been lost.

"I will sentence her to 12 years to serve 8 years in custody," he said from the bench.

After court, Jackson's stepfather--Sasha Ray's biological father--said he still loves her.

"Yes I do still love you, Ty'aisa," Shelton Ray said.

Shelton Ray wondered if his family put too much pressure on her. That's why he thinks this ordeal is partly his fault.

"Sometimes I think about was it something that I didn't do. Something more that I could have done," he said.

He urged parents to watch their kids and talk to them to make sure they're not overwhelmed. He sent a message to his stepdaughter, telling her to keep her head up, be strong, keep reading and stay positive while she serves her sentence.

Jackson will get credit for the year she has served. She will have to serve four years probation once she gets out.
Sponsored Links

Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:44am
She had been babysitting Sasha Ray and three other small siblings. A 12 year old babysitting four children at once??? Yes they put entirely too much responsibility on this child. I do hope she can be rehabilitated. 

Did she say why she did it? This is so sad all around. 
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:45am
Should never get out.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">She had been babysitting Sasha Ray and three other small siblings. A 12 year old babysitting four children at once??? Yes they put entirely too much responsibility on this child. I do hope she can be rehabilitated. </span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Did she say why she did it? This is so sad all around. </span>

Not from what i've read, i saw this on FB yesterday and i just can't stop thinking about her. I'm six years older than my only younger sibling and my mother never left me to "babysit" for more than a a few hrs, and not until i was around 14. I'd never leave a teenager with my 3yo, im wary of leaving her with adult relatives.

Edited by Im_oh_so_hott - Jan 03 2014 at 9:48am
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 9:50am
She was too young to care for all those children.

I think there is some history of abuse ... such that it got so bad that this 12 year old had to flip out like that.

Look at the family.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 03 2014 at 9:52am
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:04am
who let that child plead guilty?
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

You think she should serve less than eight years?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

She needs psychological help. The parents need to be charged, another article says the children were 5, 4, 3 and 2. She shouldn't have been left to watch any of them. Her defense and her mother failed her.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:24am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

not really im not sure if i care about the time.  people serve more or less time for killing people all the time.  my brothers friend stabbed his brother, pushed him out the door and let bleed to death.  he was  back home by 18. 

i do care about what type of defense and the advice they receive.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:30am
I cant believe a 14 is going to jail!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic