Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Teen Passes Up College Scholarship 2 Pursue Rap Ca
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Teen Passes Up College Scholarship 2 Pursue Rap Ca

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Personally I don't see a problem.  At least another student will have a chance of getting that scholarship.  College is not for everyone IMO.

IA, college isn't for everyone...if this is the type of sense this boy has OR if this is truly his dream, chances are he would've been on academic probation or wholly uninterested in going to class by his Sophmore year.  good riddance and good luck.
Sponsored Links

GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 4:23am
Chiiiile.... Let me had told my mother I wanted to rap instead of going to college, even without a scholarship NukeShocked

I woulda walked out my house looking all kinds of Flucked up Ouch

Edited by GphiD08 - Jun 03 2013 at 4:23am
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 6:29am
Chuckle head.

No way in the world I would allow my son to pass up a full ride for a career that has a 90% chance of falling flat after the first album.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 7:16am
He's ridiculous and his father is ridiculouser.  If dad had any sense he'da tole him to go to school for a back up plan.  ITA that college ain't for errybody but at least try.....especially when u can try for free.  Extreme parenting fail to the 10th power.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 7:17am
He doesn't have to go to college (he should but ok) but at least go to a trade school. Do something because how many have the same dream and fail? Most.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 7:21am
I'm mad y'all continued to post in this thread.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 7:36am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

why can't he be a rapper later?

why can't he do both?

there's no full ride scholarship "later"

eyeroll @ using that go with your dream catchphrase
Clap

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Is his mama 30 or something?
How did this happen
LOL

Someone or someones have been gassing this boy's head up to make him think he has a better chance succeeding in life by pursuing rap full time rather than going to a top college. Mom & pops need to wear a scarlet 'FAIL' on their shirts until their son gets it together.

FAIL!!!!!

Even if he does achieve some small level of success .. he will fall in with the THUGS in the drug scene so he will end up blowing all his money up his nose.

YOUNG and DUMB with short sighted parents!!
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Is his mama 30 or something?
How did this happen
LOL

Someone or someones have been gassing this boy's head up to make him think he has a better chance succeeding in life by pursuing rap full time rather than going to a top college. Mom & pops need to wear a scarlet 'FAIL' on their shirts until their son gets it together.

FAIL!!!!!

Even if he does achieve some small level of success .. he will fall in with the THUGS in the drug scene so he will end up blowing all his money up his nose. Dead

YOUNG and DUMB with short sighted parents!!

lawddd log off now beckyLOL
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Personally I don't see a problem.  At least another student will have a chance of getting that scholarship.  College is not for everyone IMO.

IA, college isn't for everyone...if this is the type of sense this boy has OR if this is truly his dream, chances are he would've been on academic probation or wholly uninterested in going to class by his Sophmore year.  good riddance and good luck.

But .. if he got a full scholarship... umm that means, he's GOT THE CHOPS for college.Tongue He just doesn't have enough common sense to realize YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GO BACK AND GET YOUR DEGREE!

Life happens. Confused

Cautionary tale to all young people reading this:

I got a job in The Netherlands years ago - I stayed. Tongue Okay, a good friend of mine with more experience in our field than even myself has been trying to get over here .. for years. Finally I kind of pinned him down on this and it comes out that people mainly ignore his resume and IF he comes in and talks .. he gets the bums rush.

At first I thought he was kidding .. as he asked if I went to college. I said OF COURSE, I have FOUR degrees of higher education.

WHY? Because he does not have a college education! I was shooked. Here's this (then) 50 year old man that I have known for 20 some years (and he is a White man btw) with all this intellgnce and experience going for him ... and he never got his degree?

He had some explaination that just sounded like he didn't feel like doing it. I just shock my head. STUPID!

The thing is ... you cannot predict HOW or in WHAT direction you life will go .. but you need the FUNDAMENTALS no matter which way you go.

No, he would have never guessed he would want to work in Europe on all these fun assignments years and years ago .. me either. But if your foundation is sound ... it becomes your entry into ANYTHING.

Eventually he got a lower paying job in Germany but he is pissed and bitter that he is not getting his due- but I told him .. in Europe, you have to have your PAPERS in order ...or they will pass you over. EDUCATION IS SOO HIGHLY VALUED!!!

I have other examples too. I'm just saying. GO TO SCHOOL young people. YOU ONLY WALK THIS WAY .. ONCE!

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jun 03 2013 at 8:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>