Teen convicted for recording bullies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teen convicted for recording bullies
    Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:19pm
he is white (for the white don't care)

Teen convicted of disorderly conduct for using iPad to record bullies tormenting him

By Scott Kaufman
Monday, April 14, 2014 8:14 EDT

closeup portrait of a handsome young man on shutterstock

• Print Friendly and PDF
  • Email this page

A Pennsylvania mother whose learning-disabled son was convicted of disorderly conduct for recording his bullies while they tormented him demanded the judge reverse decision and the school district apologize.

Shea Love wondered why the school district contacted the police to discuss a violation of wiretap statutes instead of confronting the students who were bullying her son, a sophomore at South Fayette High School with attention deficit and an anxiety disorder.

“The whole thing has been a horrible nightmare,” Love told the Tribune-Review. “This whole ordeal has made my son miserable.”

On the recording — which the 15-year-old made on his iPad — one student can be heard telling another to pull Love’s son’s pants down. The teacher can be heard intervening, telling the students that they need to stop talking if their discussion isn’t about math.

A few minutes later, a loud slam can be heard, followed by the teacher telling students to sit down. “What? I was just trying to scare him,” one of the boys can be heard saying.

The 15-year-old said he made the recording “because I always felt like it wasn’t me being heard.”

“I wanted some help,” he continued. “This wasn’t just a one-time thing. This always happens every day in that class.”

Upon learning of the recording, South Fayette High School principal Scott Milburn and assistant principal Aaron Skrbin contacted Lieutenant Robert Kurta, asking that he come to the school because he believed there had been “a wiretapping incident.”

School district officials forced the student to erase the recording and ordered him to attend Saturday detention. Kurta charged him with disorderly conduct, but didn’t believe that the incident warranted a felony wiretapping charge, though according to court records, he was adamant the student had “committed a crime.”

South Fayette District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet found the student guilty, fined him $25 and ordered him to pay court costs.

The Tribune-Review attempted to contact both principal Milburn and assistant principal Skrbin to inquire as to the fate of the bullies heard in the recording, but they have not returned any phone calls.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/14/teen-convicted-of-disorderly-conduct-for-using-ipad-to-record-bullies-tormenting-him/#.U0vekJTjezQ

Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:26pm
they should be ashamed of themselves
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:49pm
He violated their rights...smh, what about his right to go to school & not be bullied this not confronting the real issue.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:59pm

they dumb as hell

So if he comes back and shoots the school up I hope he starts with them

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 12:59pm
I bet the bullies know someone in a high position. This is some bull!! Wtf is wrong with people!?!
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

they dumb as hell

So if he comes back and shoots the school up I hope he starts with them

^^Exactly.

And the school doesn't want to expose the piss poor job they're doing at controlling their students..

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Apr 14 2014 at 1:01pm
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:22pm
wow...
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:25pm
That's some BS 
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:30pm

This is sooooo sad. He did the right thing by recording those idiots! I hate bullies, and I pray the get what they deserve.

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 1:43pm
Just another case of punishing the victim.

Wonder what they are doing about the bullies.

But wiretapping though, how dare they
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>