FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Techies: 3-d TVS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Techies: 3-d TVS
    Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 7:21pm

Does anyone have a 3D tv? Do you like it? Was it worth it? Im looking at a Samsung brand.  My friend said she heard 3D tv arent good per see. Im unsure what  to do. I know that is the brand I def want just not sure if i should just get a reg Smart tv or the 3D smart tv. Also will I have to buy alot of other electronics that wil only be 3d compatible?

thanks guys
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 7:29pm
I have an LG 3D tv.  It didn't come with the glasses because I got it during black Friday and it was an open box item.  I'll probably get some glasses this fall when Im actually home to enjoy it. 
ETA:  The only negative I heard about 3D tvs is that you shouldn't watch on the 3D setting for more than 30 minutes at a time.  Not sure how true that is.  Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Edited by Naturalchick30 - Jul 31 2013 at 7:32pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 7:36pm
Dont have one and personally I dont think its really worth it. I've only been impressed watching sporting events on it but otherwise meh... The cost vs time used just doesnt make the price reasonable for me.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 8:15pm
Well this one is on sale that why i wanted to purchase now. I really wasnt looking for a 3d tv but i figured with it being 40% off, why not?
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 1:50am
Don't do it! It is on sale because 3D tv was a big flop. Many tv makers are pulling out of the 3D thing, the movies aren't doing to well since many people are unable to see the 3D effect or it causes them headaches. Samsung is dumping their 3D tv line so that is why it is on sale.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 2:15am
Passive 3d is way better than active without all the hassles of active

i.e headaches, cost of glasses, no risk of epileptic fits due to the flicker

I'd recommend LG since they have the best passive. Samsung use active 3d tech

I have a 3D LG plasma in my living room
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 6:28am
Mine was only $300 for a 47'' so I made out ok.  And you don't have to use the 3D setting.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Mine was only $300 for a 47'' so I made out ok.  And you don't have to use the 3D setting.

Oh well then my deal aint that good. LOL This one is the Samsung 3D smart tv with wifi 40 in. for $600 original $1150

Prazol-I really thought they would have been drop those prices considering that they didnt take to well to the public but the prices remained high for a while. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 8:17am
is it LED or plasma? ^^

lg has a gaming tv (dual tv), it rules out the need for split screen gaming

its on my want list

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Oh well then my deal aint that good. LOL This one is the Samsung 3D smart tv with wifi 40 in. for $600 original $1150

Prazol-I really thought they would have been drop those prices considering that they didnt take to well to the public but the prices remained high for a while. 
Yeah that aint cheap enough for me LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic