Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - teacher fired for being domestic violence victm.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

teacher fired for being domestic violence victm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 39>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:04am
Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

I'm assuming most of you aren't parents.  If you are or can even imagine yourself as a parent, what would you do if your kid attended this private school that you're paying for?  Would you pull your child from the school?  Would you want her fired?  Would you instead want security increased (even though security seems good already since he didn't get into the school)?  If security was increase instead of firing her, would you be willing to pay the extra costs?

I haven't heard one reasonable solution to this problem, besides him going to jail, which would only be for a few months tops.

I've mentioned several times in this particular thread that I went to a school system with very strong security measures.

I've also worked at a daycare facility while in HS that had a very serious security protocol system.

So...quite frankly, in a post Columbine society, picking a school that doesn't have a grasp on security is a fail.

But you haven't answered the flip side of what I asked many pages back:

Fire a teacher because her crazy ex comes to school (even though he didn't make it in)? Would you expel a student who's crazy parent (possibly estranged) comes in and acts a fool?

That's why I say their response isn't necessarily well thought out.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:08am

I'm assuming most of you aren't parents.  If you are or can even imagine yourself as a parent, what would you do if your kid attended this private school that you're paying for?  Would you pull your child from the school?  Would you want her fired?  Would you instead want security increased (even though security seems good already since he didn't get into the school)?  If security was increase instead of firing her, would you be willing to pay the extra costs?

I haven't heard one reasonable solution to this problem, besides him going to jail, which would only be for a few months tops.

Yes...because their solution was still a fail. Just because it's a private school doesn't mean that they're actually qualified to assure the safety of your children.

If they were really concerned, the minute she told them she had issues with her ex, the responsible thing would have been to NOT hire her or keep her on because of the potential risk that her ex posed. At a minimum, when she said her ex was a crazy mofo who had DV issues, they should have shifted her to an admin position AWAY from where any children would be. Instead, they let "sh!t get real" and then responded to the problem. So, the school is a fail.
ChubbyYeti View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:24am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I'm assuming most of you aren't parents.  If you are or can even imagine
yourself as a parent, what would you do if your kid attended this
private school that you're paying for?  Would you pull your child from
the school?  Would you want her fired?  Would you instead want security
increased (even though security seems good already since he didn't get
into the school)?  If security was increase instead of firing her, would you be willing to pay the extra costs?

Yes...because
their solution was still a fail. Just because it's a private school
doesn't mean that they're actually qualified to assure the safety of
your children.

If they were really concerned, the minute she
told them she had issues with her ex, the responsible thing would have
been to NOT hire her or keep her on because of the potential risk that
her ex posed. At a minimum, when she said her ex was a crazy mofo who
had DV issues, they should have shifted her to an admin position AWAY
from where any children would be. Instead, they let "sh!t get real" and
then responded to the problem. So, the school is a fail.

I agree, she should've been let go once they found out about the danger or not hired her at all. But people would still say she was wrongly fired or discriminated against since its not her fault she has a crazy ex. How is this any better for her?
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:29am
If it was a public school I would feel different  (maybe) but if I am paying all that money for a private school I want her gone.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:30am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I've mentioned several times in this particular thread that I went to a school system with very strong security measures.

I've also worked at a daycare facility while in HS that had a very serious security protocol system.

So...quite frankly, in a post Columbine society, picking a school that doesn't have a grasp on security is a fail.

But you haven't answered the flip side of what I asked many pages back:

Fire a teacher because her crazy ex comes to school (even though he didn't make it in)? Would you expel a student who's crazy parent (possibly estranged) comes in and acts a fool?

That's why I say their response isn't necessarily well thought out.

No, I wouldn't expel the student. I don't see this being the same, to me its like comparing apples to oranges. A child can't decide who his parents are or what school he/she goes to. A child has no say and little rights in how they're going to servive or get through life. An adult can get another job. An adult can decide whether they want to go into a field where your life lays in the hands of parents.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ChubbyYeti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:43am
Also, like a said before certain careers have certain expectations. If you're a teacher the children comes before your career. If you're a cop you're held to a higher standard. I have a few personal examples. My husbands best friend was a cop for 8 years. He got a DUI and was fired because of it (no slap on the risk or punishment) and can't get a job anywhere else as a cop. That career for him is over, so he's now a security guard. Would you be fired as a cashier or sales executive if you got a DUI? Probably not. I'm in finance, if I had bad credit or was to get a bankruptcy or bad credit one day I could be fired and I certainty couldn't move up to be a CFO. Now bad credit could most certainly be my fault, but what if I got really sick or a family member got really sick and I couldn't afford all of the medical bills? I could get bad credit and lose my job.

Life isn't fair, but when you go into a certain field you know there are risks and nothing is guaranteed.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 2:49am
So it's okay if a student has a nutty parent who comes to school and endangers the lives of EVERYONE in the school but it's not okay for faculty to have the same issue??

I see a lawsuit happening if this hypothetical happens at this school. You can't say faculty are held to a standard and those they're associated with could also cost them their jobs. Meanwhile, because a student's nutty parent is paying tuition, they ARE allowed to come to school and act a fool with no consequences.

ETA:

If I was a parent of a child at this school, I would view both of these situations as equal. Either way, my child's life is being endangered because of someone else's actions. Whether it's a teacher's nutty ex, or a child's estranged parent, the scenario has the same potential outcome.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Jun 15 2013 at 2:52am
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 3:12am
The school has goid safety measures already
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 4:07am
Whoa when I left this was 10pgs
Geek
R the 29 subsequent pgs worth the read?
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 5:23am

Also, like a said before certain careers have certain expectations. If you're a teacher the children comes before your career. If you're a cop you're held to a higher standard. I have a few personal examples. My husbands best friend was a cop for 8 years. He got a DUI and was fired because of it (no slap on the risk or punishment) and can't get a job anywhere else as a cop. That career for him is over, so he's now a security guard. Would you be fired as a cashier or sales executive if you got a DUI? Probably not. I'm in finance, if I had bad credit or was to get a bankruptcy or bad credit one day I could be fired and I certainty couldn't move up to be a CFO. Now bad credit could most certainly be my fault, but what if I got really sick or a family member got really sick and I couldn't afford all of the medical bills? I could get bad credit and lose my job.

Life isn't fair, but when you go into a certain field you know there are risks and nothing is guaranteed.

The difference between your examples and the teacher is that she is not directly nor indirectly responsible for the actions of her idiot restraining ordered EX-husband. Had she not taken all the actions that she DID take, then she'd be indirectly responsible, but not even that.
And yes life isn't fair indeed when responsibility is being shifted to the innocent.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 39>
  Share Topic