BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TD Jakes' Daughter Talks Being Pregnant at 14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TD Jakes' Daughter Talks Being Pregnant at 14
    Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:18pm
http://3i26kd3p1usa3cefqi1ay96t13o6.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/sarahjakestdjakes.jpg

*Sarah Jakes‘, daughter of prominent pastor T.D. Jakes, world changed when she found out she was pregnant at 14.

Daughter of T.D. Jakes Talks Being Angry with God; Pregnant at 14

Growing in the church and discovery she’d be a teen mother was one of the most challenging moments in her life.

She talked with theGrio about her pregnancy, losing faith, being angry with God and her new book, “Lost & Found: Finding Hope in the Detours of Life.”

“I was terrified,” Jakes told theGrio talking about before she told her parent’s about the pregnancy. “You have this idea of ‘I’m going to get in trouble,’ like ‘I’m going to be grounded forever’ because you have nothing else really at that point to compare it to.”

Her parents couldn’t fathom the words.  Her sister told their parents after discovering a letter she left in the mailbox to tell the family.

“My parents were speechless. I mean, my father was a preacher, who speaks for a living, and he was speechless,” Jakes said. “And that’s when it dawned on me that this was so much bigger than being grounded. [I was] bringing a life into the world and while I certainly had other options, whether abortions or adoptions, there was something inside of me that said I could do it.”

Before Jakes book, she was blogging and socially sharing her life experiences.

“I started blogging about three years ago and at the time, I was married and my husband was expecting a child from another woman. I really wasn’t sure that I wanted to make the decision to divorce or to even put that part of my life out on a blog but I knew I had this pain and these emotions,” she said. “I was angry with God, I was bitter, and I just wanted to write about it.”

Her blog became popular and she shared her pregnancy and her roller-coaster marriage to NFL linebacker Robert Henson and later, her divorce.

“I believe the blog was very much an opportunity and permission to say we don’t have it all together and it hurts and life sucks right now but you know we are still trying,” Jakes said. “So when I got approached by my publisher as a result of the blog, I decided to be as transparent as my blog followers felt that I was on the website and that came through me sharing my own story.”

Being a preacher’s daughter meant she was held at a higher moral standard, and she withdrew under that pressuring microscope.

“Outside of wanting to know what would be the ministry legacy that you would create from your last name, they also wanted you to know that everything needed to be perfect,” Jakes said.

She continued with:

“In my case, you’re pregnant at 14, your stomach is growing, you’re sitting in a church, within service and people want to know who the father is and how it all happened. I mean that pressure very much made me want to hide and I became comfortable being an introvert,” she added.

But she chose to be honest and share her struggles with others.

“I think the most challenging part is probably being as transparent as I am. I had the opportunity where I could not have said anything and no one would have known at all,” Jakes admitted.

Her book “Lost & Found” was released on April 1 and can be found on amazon.com.
Sponsored Links

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:24pm
NO kidding huh? I guess being a PD is kinda true
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:27pm
She kept the baby ? I notice many preachers children can't wait to see the world . I think more should have the chance to be a normal teen with rules . My old pastor back home children where never allowed to go to schools dances etc . The daughter gave birth to several children before the age of 21 . The son went to jail for drugs .  

Edited by india100 - Apr 08 2014 at 8:27pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:30pm
Wonder how long ago this happened. Have not about it until now.

IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

She kept the baby ? I notice many preachers children can't wait to see the world . I think more should have the chance to be a normal teen with rules . My old pastor back home children where never allowed to go to schools dances etc . The daughter gave birth to several children before the age of 21 . The son went to jail for drugs .  

Damn
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:34pm
God doesn't have nothing to with her husband having a child outside of the marriage.
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:34pm
"Being a preacher’s daughter meant she was held at a higher moral standard, and she withdrew under that pressuring microscope."

Understand the logic, but you're a Christian and should be living the Word anyway.  I always thought being a PK should have nothing to do with it.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:39pm
I feel like with religion it shouldn't be forced on you...you should have the right to begin your walk in faith when you are ready......because if you aren't you will rebel something serious.......
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:42pm
I'm not one to judge but her husband got another woman pregnant and she was even...considerin...givin this nicca another chance?

I...I just can't...
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:48pm
Im sure that she had nannies, tutors, housekeepers to ease the pressures of teen motherhood that the average teen mom will never be able to experience, but they will buy her book anyway $$$$
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic