BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Tarajis reaching across the pond, yall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yes Wildfire, that's what I was referring when it comes to this thread

but there are other types of black as well

wonderland mentioned diet blacks awhile back

figure that one out lol

eh??LOL

LOL what?

Sponsored Links

AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

whenever people talk about european (read white) men's adoration of black women I just smh...like I'm around them 24/7 and it ain't even like that *shrugs*
I agree.

White(European)  men generally don't like black women.

Lies and fallacy. 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I know that its a melting pot.. I just didn't know if 'blk European' was the correct wording or if that should be reserved more so for an american Blk who moves there.. And an African who moves should be called '_African european'
I'm confused about the titles...

I asked cus I remember blks born and raised in Europe liking me, Africans who had moved there.. And American blks who had moved there.. But wasn't sure about what to call them all

that would be quite confusing since europe is made up of different countries. im thinking even if they did have labels, it would be specific to countries (spanish black...british black?), nah, come to think of it, none of that would make sense...

I said Europe because it happened in more than one country.
France and Italy mainly... Africans who had moved.. Americans blks who had moved.. And ppl born and raised there (France)
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

There are certain things that matter most to Black men

1. Authenticity
2. Respect
3. Social Value

these apply to any race of man but please.. continue
more so european men whose system is based on class than it is SES

lol

Edited by afrokock - Apr 21 2014 at 5:37pm
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i mean without shade to anyone, what exactly is "american culture"? furthermore, what exactly is AA culture or what little of it is left after it was stripped away from them as a means to dehumanise them?

They are distinctive yet subtle differences… I think. 
I think we like to believe that we are these crazy unique people who operate as a self contained unit… but thats not true.

These Cultural distinctions can be broken down into what we find attractive 
through music / our taste in foods / Even as detailed as a particular smell that a group 
or culture might find more appealing. 

You can point to anecdotal or general views but theres always a lot of research being conducted
by multinational companies trying to tap into the heart strings of a particular culture. For ex. A jeep Ad in the states will be far different from a Jeep Ad in China. 

Even our love languages are different. According to this book called The Culture Code … "American Culture" is an adolescent culture, so maybe home girl was right in her personal assessment of European men being more "mature". But Americans tend to be these wildly innovative pioneering immigrant assholes who are still in some ways afraid of expressing their sexuality.

they talk about the fish bowl theory as well. Americans stare at a fish tank and see the biggest fish.
Japanese, not so much. They tend to focus more on the surroundings. 

But the proof is that these ads were successful in targeting larger segments of a particular culture.

Edited by OoDles O - Apr 22 2014 at 11:47am
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:41pm
Okay.  Every other culture on this planet shyts on American and moreso AA culture.  I know you said no shade but that's like saying no offense but you don't have a soul.  
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Okay.  Every other culture on this planet shyts on American and moreso AA culture.  I know you said no shade but that's like saying no offense but you don't have a soul.  

girl we aint the bottom of the barrel, we're the dirt under the barrel SleepyErmm
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Sometimes I think black women are more gracious to non black men.  If a black man has a flaw he's the devil.  But any other race is intriguing.  We get so pressed when people make sweeping generalizations about us but I feel the same damn way about our men.  If Tajari wants to join the Tina Turner club and become a citizen elsewhere then go on girl.  

This really doesn't surprise me after she did a movie with bitter ass Kevin Hart.

Are we the only race that gets out of a bad relationship and thinks another race is the answer not just a different man?

I'm totally biased having never dated outside my race but I hear the same things from women who do.  Fall in love and shut up.  If you're in love then we're happy for you but that has nothing to do with my AA brothers.

I praised the Lord in the library for this brilliance right here lol
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 6:53pm
There is no American culture....I think that's the whole point of America.
There is an AA culture though. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

my co worker is black and French

I don't have the balls to ask her what type of black she is

LOL, I'm pretty sure she'll tell you she's black. My mother is from Guadeloupe, so technically she is French (although she does not care for the label much. She always had a staunchly anti-colonial mindset). People tend to forget about Martinique and Guadeloupe. The French are racist pricks though. I cannot believe that anyone would uphold French men as the answer to all black women's woes. That makes me double over in laughter. I mean, really?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 21 2014 at 7:13pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>