Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taraji's reaching across the pond, y'all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Even if you're bad though.. You're not gonna always get the same attention in one place as the next..

Yes, but if your attractive you'll still get some form of attention regardless of geographic location. Maybe not the exact same amount, but it'll still be something.

Of course.. Men out there aren't blind.. You don't just go from ugg mug in America to beautiful in Europe..
But I feel like its extra in Europe. Idk if its cus they think were hos in some places.. Or if its a fetish.. Or if they just want a green card.. Or if they really just seem to appreciate our beauty more.. But yea it seems different there.
Sponsored Links

prettynaturallyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettynaturallyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:33pm

If they are originally from Africa (moved to Europe) are they considered black European?

If someone is originally from Africa and they move to America, are their offspring considered American? Lol. You'll find that Europe is just as much of a melting pot as America. Except for Russia lol.

ETA: many of the blacks in France are from the French West Indies (Guadeloupe/Martinique) so they are not only "considered" French, they are French

Edited by prettynaturallyme - Apr 21 2014 at 4:35pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:37pm
*sips tea*
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:40pm
ikr? *sips tea too*
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

my co worker is black and French

I don't have the balls to ask her what type of black she is

type of black Sammy?LOL how many types of black are there?

Edited by Wildfire - Apr 21 2014 at 4:41pm
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:41pm

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:42pm
I know that its a melting pot.. I just didn't know if 'blk European' was the correct wording or if that should be reserved more so for an american Blk who moves there.. And an African who moves should be called '_African european'
I'm confused about the titles...

I asked cus I remember blks born and raised in Europe liking me, Africans who had moved there.. And American blks who had moved there.. But wasn't sure about what to call them all
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:45pm

I know that its a melting pot.. I just didn't know if 'blk European' was the correct wording or if that should be reserved more so for an american Blk who moves there.. And an African who moves should be called '_African european'
I'm confused about the titles...

I asked cus I remember blks born and raised in Europe liking me, Africans who had moved there.. And American blks who had moved there.. But wasn't sure about what to call them all

that would be quite confusing since europe is made up of different countries. im thinking even if they did have labels, it would be specific to countries (spanish black...british black?), nah, come to think of it, none of that would make sense...
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:48pm
I see what you mean now one of my bf called himself British Jamaican
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

type of black Sammy?LOL how many types of black are there?

sh*t I don't even know...

I was used to AAs and Africans from different countries growing up

people would ask if I was from their country (Ghana, Liberia, etc...)

then I moved up north and was asked if I was Haitian, Jamaican, etc...

there are so many types of black

I know my co worker is from a small town (I think) but I'm not sure how to ask from more details

I only want to ask out of curiosity
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair