Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Taraji's reaching across the pond, y'all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:00pm
may as well say white men.
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

hehe!

but let a nigguh tell it

whut kinda nigguh? Brit or 'merican?

hehehehe

LOL
Majesty02 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Majesty02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Sometimes I think black women are more gracious to non black men.  If a black man has a flaw he's the devil.  But any other race is intriguing.  We get so pressed when people make sweeping generalizations about us but I feel the same damn way about our men.  

I especially think this applies to Black men that date IR. They severely lower their standards, and criteria when it comes to dating women of other races. But they expect a black woman to be perfect in every single way when it comes to looks, personality, educational background, and financial status… the list goes on. I have observed on several occasions BM claim they don’t like ghetto, drama, or ratchets…But the minute “Jennifer whitey” acts a little hood, or makes a twerk video they think its soooooo cute, and she gets cool points. But I guarantee if a Black woman acted in the same manner she would be ridiculed.

Truth of the matter is the BM that date IR usually act like a$$holes towards black women for no reason at all. So who's really the bitter one?   
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Sometimes I think black women are more gracious to non black men.  If a black man has a flaw he's the devil.  But any other race is intriguing.  We get so pressed when people make sweeping generalizations about us but I feel the same damn way about our men.  

I especially think this applies to Black men that date IR. They severely lower their standards, and criteria when it comes to dating women of other races. But they expect a black woman to be perfect in every single way when it comes to looks, personality, educational background, and financial status… the list goes on. I have observed on several occasions BM claim they don’t like ghetto, drama, or ratchets…But the minute “Jennifer whitey” acts a little hood, or makes a twerk video they think its soooooo cute, and she gets cool points. But I guarantee if a Black woman acted in the same manner she would be ridiculed.

Truth of the matter is the BM that date IR usually act like a$$holes towards black women for no reason at all. So who's really the bitter one?   

both posts are true. Black guy will date white flubber with a mottled face, but do not want a less than perfect black woman (so they say anyway..they dog black women with their friends, but their women are usually no Beyonce)...they aint giving no average girl on the street, at the party etc the time of day though.

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

hehe!

but let a nigguh tell it

whut kinda nigguh? Brit or 'merican?

hehehehe

LOL
any kind

prettynaturallyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote prettynaturallyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:50pm
I think it's ignorant to just assume that she means white men when she says European. My husband is French and is mixed. He is a different breed of a man from those that I have dated in the states and all of his friends are different. Men mature faster overseas and I absolutely agree with what Taraji says. They love black women over there, you just have to be open minded. I lived in France for 2 years and the people and way of life are just overall more cultured than what I have experienced in the states.

Edited by prettynaturallyme - Apr 21 2014 at 3:55pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:50pm
There are certain things that matter most to Black men

1. Authenticity
2. Respect
3. Social Value

Social Value comes in the form of who is on their arm. Black men care a lot about how people (their boys, of all races) view them. That's why Black men have so quickly jumped ship when Black women became the apple of modern America's hatred. They don't get brownie points for being with a Black women, quite the contrary. I think a lot of Black men are mentally weak in that way

Social Value isn't really an issue for Black women because women are valued for our beauty and according to the American beauty standard, we are the anti-standard lol

I think being the anti-standard makes a lot of Black women seek validation from "other" men, especially because we're not even receiving it from Black men, seemingly

Edited by Alias_Avi - Apr 21 2014 at 3:51pm
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

If u bad, you'll get attention wherever u go
*shrug*

Yes! This alllllll day.
But everybody ain't bad though so what are the not so bad supposed to do?
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:57pm
Why her tiddays bussin' out tho
button downs ain't for all breasteses

Edited by CLCNY20 - Apr 21 2014 at 3:57pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

There are certain things that matter most to Black men

1. Authenticity
2. Respect
3. Social Value

these apply to any race of man but please.. continue
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair