Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taraji P Henson Vogue Italia spread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 11:59pm
The rebuttal for this is too long......and I'm sleepy.....
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:01am
I learned back in 2010 that I wasn't a real man, by BHM standards.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I learned back in 2010 that I wasn't a real man, by BHM standards.

Please help me understand why this was said about you. You're about one of the only men who is real on here.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:16am
PG u made me spit out my orange fanta. Cry
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:18am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

The rebuttal for this is too long......and I'm sleepy.....

Well wake up! SandraLOL I want to hear what you got to say. Cute pic btwShocked

Sidebar: do you do other people's hair? Not sure if you said this before.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying don't travel there but they are saying you will still deal with this no matter where you go....

is that what is being said?  that's not how it read to me.  The rest of my post will be in an easy to miss colour for those who ain't tryna read all that.  Feel free to scroll on by.

Thanks and Regards,
NewD

I'm not tryna be contrary because even I don't agree with the "Italian men love black women" wholesale.   Hell u ain't got not one race of man that loves all black women across the board...even most black men. *shrugs* (yes I said most because that is my experience.  But i'm quite sure most black men love the rest of u on here.)

it just seems that whenever this Italy/European and black women pops up it seems that folks are quick and easy to dismiss other folks' experiences in favor of their own/friends/fams bad experience.  But when it comes to the browner countries folks that have had bad experiences are shut down with...well don't lump the whole country because of your 1 bad experience.  Plenty of people have gone to ________ and had a great time.   But I understand...nothing wrong with caping for your own.

oh and to quote Lies..  don't come for me.

Sorry for these paragraphs.  I just need to go eat.

Girl people need to read this. Don't hide the truthClap
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

hmmm....so would y'all tell a foreign black woman not to come to the US?  After all ...there is still hellafied racism here.  Folks are literally being shot down and dragged thru the streets.  Men accost u here same as anywhere else...and might even hurt you or kill you for turning them down.  Any man that speaks to you here really don't like you....they just tryna fucc.  I mean...i'm sure your friends have told you that they had a good time on their vacations to the US but they lying to you and their experiences don't mean sh*t.  It's some bullsh*t here...not a good time to be had no where and everybody hates you.  Fucc your "friend" who has lived in US with minimal trouble.  She lying too.

*sighs*  I swear The BHM gives so many mixed signals.  On one hand other races of men want us but we don't want them and we're the most beautiful women on the planet fuccwhatuheard. On the other hand don't nobody want you black or white and can't nobody for damn sure want Raji's beautiful country ass...except for US niccas.

On one hand...get out, see the world, expand your horizons, experience other sh*t.  On the other hand...you're not wanted no where so best to stay in the US.

I've heard crazy stories about Africa and was scared to go for the longest time but to hear some of y'all tell it...it's not everything they say on TV and is beautiful country and i'll be just as safe there (in certain parts) as the US.  Yeah Africa has her prollems but that don't mean u can't have a good time.   Is there a reason we can't apply that to alot of places?  I hear Cuba and South America is fucced up but despite the high level of crime and the hate against dark people I'm still encouraged to go if I can by other folks who have lived there and who have visited. 

The BHM would have u scared to visit Europe tho the US is the same if not worse.

Who said don't go?

All people have ever said is don't be naive and have these fairy tales of streets covered with haole male species fawning and kissing your feet.

And as was clearly noted, there is also street harassment, but how you interpret that just depends on your own biases

There's a huge difference

Edited by afrokock - May 01 2014 at 12:23am
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:23am
I used all my efforts for phuckery but tomorrow I got you Cry
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:25am
Hmm I didn't know that "people will throw bananas at you", meant don't be naive. BHM teaches me new things everydayThumbs Up
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

I used all my efforts for phuckery but tomorrow I got you Cry
Girl me too, I got a long rebuttal, but I really don't feel like getting back into my feelingsLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style