Perfect Hair Collection

Tanning of America

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tanning of America
    Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:57pm

Based on the book The Tanning of America: How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy by former Interscope Records president and internationally acclaimed marketing maven Steve Stoute, this four part documentary series is a thorough examination of hip-hop as a pop cultural movement, whose profound influence eventually paved the way for the election of Barack Obama. It's the history of hip-hop remixed. We present the micro -- touchstone events and legendary artists -- while focusing on the revolutionary macro forces at work.

Over the last three decades, hip-hop culture and its seminal figures have gone from being a urban counterculture movement to permeating virtually every aspect of American life: The music we listen to, the fashion we wear, the food we eat, the cars we drive, etc. Hip-hop has done more to erase perceptions about racial distinctions for the generations that grew up exposed to it than any other force since the Civil Rights Movement. There's now a whole generation of Americans who grew up immersed in this culture who are, for all intents and purposes, colorblind. This is the true story of that evolution: The Tanning of America.

While many of these events will be familiar to hip-hop fans, they have never been presented or coalesced in this fashion. This is an epic pop culture journey from the birthplace of hip hop, 1520 Sedgwick Avenue, all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 17 2014 at 7:57pm
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:00pm
I cannot get with this colorblind ish.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:37pm
I kno jones, I all I read was blah blah blah
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

exactly. just another way for clear folk to keep coloreds under their thumb. another way to get people to abandon their cultures....
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:54pm
i dont give a damm about what these hip hopping white woman lovers have to say about black in america and the tanning of america. this country is a melting pot that boils over when the black man is in powerAngry
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 12:07am
well brown is the original...
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 1:45am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 8:01am
LOLsmh at the knew spin on lightening up blackness.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply