Mynx Hair

Author
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tangles and Matting of Hair
    Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:05pm
HOW TO . . .
I have had numerous hair disasters.  With each I learn something. Actually, a lot Big%20smile.  Recently I have had a huge tangling mess and a tangle/matted mess to deal with.  Both with units that I love.

The TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE

The FIRST concern must be sealing the knots.  Detangling and unmatting a unit put a lot of stress on the knots.  Here is how I beat those units into submission.
Tangled mess of a curly that was once a kinky.  I spiraled set and had beautiful curls that mimicked the kinky it once was !! It was hit by water in the shower without being combed out and became a tangled mess.

I was able to detangle ( took 2 days of focused work).
First mistake, I put it under water.  Slathered it with Silicon Mix hoping that it would be able to fingered and fall out.  NOPE. 
Let it dry and doused it with Salerm Detangler and Infusium 23.  I had to take it in about 10 sections, work through the product and comb up !  Inch by inch.  Let it dry. Rinsed it used SM, and started over again combing with a wide tooth comb section by section.  Adding Garnier Fructis conditioner ( not the leave in), I combed some more, watching for shedding.  Let it sit over night. Wet it down and smoothed some more all until I was able to comb through each section.

Rinsed, combed larger section, slathered with Mane and Tame and Silicon Mix.  Rinse and used a porosity conditioner (balancing it from all the product) and combed.  Let it dry .  Good job.  Sealed the knots.  Surprisingly, lost very little hair.

TANGLED/MATTED MESS - A KINKY UNIT

Now the water just hit this hair ( another shower accident).  It tangled and matted up and was so drawn up in the front I really thought that it was nothing that I could do.Ermm

I DID NOT WET !!! DON'T WET !!!  Seal the knots with 3M 77. Allow to dry.

1.  Doused it down with Mane and Tame conditioner, Garnier Fructis conditioner and Mane and Tame Detangler.  Made sure that every strand was covered.  Let it sit for an hour.

2. Start pulling hair into sections, small ones starting at the point of matting.

3. Spray it section down thoroughly soaking it with Baby Love Conditioning Detangler.  Let sit for 15 minutes.

4.  In the case of curlys and kinky hair start pulling your fingers through the areas that are loose and not so tangled.  Straighten out as much hair as possible.  Then concentrated gently with matted areas separating small pieces of the hair to the side, not down.  Pull over gently.  Then when loose finger gently down.

5.  Once most of the hair is detangled and unmatted, douse with Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor.  Repeat the fingering of the sections.  Allow to sit.  Check ends for knots, work them out or clip.

6.  Keep fingering out the matting and the tangles.  Allow to sit.

7. Do a cold water rinse.  According to the condition of the hair, you may want to do a bleach/ammonia bath.

Condtion, seal.
eta:

CAUTION:

DO NOT PULL THE HAIR, GENTLY FINGER.

Do not NUKE.

Do not use hot or cold water. Luke warm. WRAP THE UNIT IN A WARM WET(ring out slightly) TOWEL for DEEP CONDITIONING.

Keep all the hair, once detangled, going down toward the nape.

Suggest for the last deep conditioning, slather the unit let sit until it is dried up. THEN RINSE THOROUGHLY, DO A PROTEIN/KERATIN/SILICON CONDITIONER after the deep and rinse with lukewarm on the colder side.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Celie - Jan 28 2008 at 11:09pm
Sponsored Links

PINKHAIR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:10pm
i am definately bookmarking this..Thanks what do you ise to seal the knots.
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:11pm
Wow Celie!  Tangled matted messes can be extremely frustrating.  Do you own any virgin natrually curly units?  Do you think a virgin curly unit would be easier to manage?   What ever happened to the member who purchased the 900 dollar unit from ebay.  I think it was a virgin natrually curly unit, but it was rather short for 900 dollars.

Well, I threw my matted tangled mess in the garbage can...  Hopefully I won't need to do this, but I'll bookmark this thread just in case.
Breh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the tips Celie.
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by AshleysMom AshleysMom wrote:

Wow Celie!  Tangled matted messes can be extremely frustrating.  Do you own any virgin natrually curly units?  Do you think a virgin curly unit would be easier to manage?   What ever happened to the member who purchased the 900 dollar unit from ebay.  I think it was a virgin natrually curly unit, but it was rather short for 900 dollars.

Well, I threw my matted tangled mess in the garbage can...  Hopefully I won't need to do this, but I'll bookmark this thread just in case.

I have a Lydia virgin and it is wavy !  I am coloring it tonight.  I bleached it long ago but then, I was uncomfortable with the flowing long hair.  Now, furgetaboutit !!!!

Yes, they are but I am loving these kinkies. Managing them is easy, keeping them from accidents - NOT.  I have to teach my man about when and where to be playing with hair !!!

Maybe I will buy him a Barbie !LOLLOL
deewhizz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:31pm
thanks celieSmile
I am going 2 bookmark this in case the bleach bath fails me...
chocolateDiva1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 6:32pm
Make sure it is a black barbie.
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by chocolateDiva1 chocolateDiva1 wrote:

Make sure it is a black barbie.

YES, we must feed our men their fantasies !!! Maybe I will get a Beach Blanket Caribbean Barbie !!
Chuchu79 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2008 at 11:19pm
Nothing like Ms Celies wise words of wisdom at bedtime. Thanks Ms Celie.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic