Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedTaming the curls..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
pherrise View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taming the curls..
    Posted: Jun 29 2005 at 2:47pm
Has anyone tried L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Perfect Curls products. It appears to work for me by my ends really look frizzy.  I dont like to use alot of product, so what can I do to stop the frizziness?  My ends may be bad since I just got out of braids about 4 months ago... any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

Pixie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2005 at 3:05pm

Try John Frieda's Hair Serum:it's great for cutting down on frizz. 

Edited by Pixie
Egyptian_Queen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2005 at 9:52am
if your ends are frizzy you may need a slight trim. or you could use a serum like Pixie suggested.
Arabeinite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2005 at 3:51pm

hey egyptianqueen,

it seems like u know a lot about hair so i need help please. i have a lot of split ends and breakage. when i trim my hair, i still have split ends. should i use a moisturizing shampoo and i want a leave in conditioner. which ones do u suggest and where can i get them? ppl have told me neutrogena triple moisture shampoo is good. what about a leave in conditioner do u know of any? also, i straighten my hair once a week now..which heat protectant should i use that does not smell bad bc the ION heat protectant doesn't smell good. have u tried beyond the zone and does it smell good?

Egyptian_Queen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2005 at 10:43am
if you trim your hair and still have splits, you should trim higher. split ends cannot be repaired. I like using oyin's honey hemp conditioner as a leave-in http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php?main_page=product_inf o&cPath=1&products_id=15  for heat protection you can use elasta qp mango butter or thermasilk hair products. I haven't tried beyond the zone but I know many people like it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2005 at 11:26am
what do u think of the neutrogena products--s/one said i should shampoo, deep condition then add in a leave in conditioner. i will air dry my hair overnight and then i straighten my hair in the morning. what do u think?
Princess T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2005 at 12:15pm

I have curly hair and this is is how I take care of it (and believe me,the curls look wonderfully defined,shiny and healthy ):

•    The night before washing it,I apply an intensive revitalizing treatment and leave it on all night.( It is from Tahe, a Spanish brand,but check to see if there is a similar product where you live)
  •   I wash it with kerastase oleo relax shampoo.
  •  I apply a hair masque to it for about 25 minutes .Mine is from Indola
  • Rinse.Don't towel dry, I just squeeze off the excess water.Then ,on the palm of my hand mix a grape sized drop of each of the following : salerm 21 leave in conditioner, hair serum (from indola), and wet look hair gel.comb.Scrunch your curls.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2005 at 1:13pm

hey princess T,

i have curly hair too but i never leave it curly and i straighten it bc when i leave it curly i dont know what to put on the hair to tame the curls and make it look less frizzy. when i leave my hair curly, it just looks like i haven't combed my hair and it looks damaged. what do u do to define the curls? i have never heard of any of those products u use..wow..i see that u live in spain..cool. but anyhow, im in the U.S. so do u know any products here...i just dont know how to tame the curls after i wash my hair so it won't look like my hair hasn't been combed or anything...let me know..thank you!

Princess T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2005 at 5:53pm

Hi there,

Actually I used to relax my hair till it got completely damaged and that's when I decided to cut it all off (gradually of course ).If you have a relaxer it will be very difficult to define your curls.I now straighten my hair with ghd ceramic irons and it is like a miracle come true,but I still leave my hair curly every now and then. As for the products,I once read about the kerastase elasto -curl line and I'm sure it is sold in the states.I think they've got great products and I once read kelis uses them.If you have any more questions feel free to ask,I will be checking to see.It has taken me 7 months to get my hair healthy,but believe me, it is possible!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2005 at 10:00pm

hey princess,

see i have dry hair, split ends and breakage. so some have told me to use neutrogena shampoo. have u heard of it? i only straighten my hair once a week now. my hair is naturally curly but i straighten it. but after i straighten it, i like to give the ends, just the ends some curls so the ends wont look burnt. i want to use some of those rollers but how can i put rollers on the ends and have them be curled in the morning on dry hair? do u know? i think i would have to put s/thing on the ends first (after i straighten my hair) then put in the rollers or should i put hair spray after i put the rollers(on the ends of my hair). i do not want to use the curling iron bc then that would be too much heat. what do u think? i just really want my hair to grow longer so i am trying to avoid heat. i just dont know what to do about putting some curls at the ends after i straighten my hair.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic