FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Tame a Chinese Remy Lace Front..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Devonna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Devonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tame a Chinese Remy Lace Front..
    Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:58am

I took the plunge and purchased a chinese remy kinky straight lace front wig. She looks gorgeous. But immediately after wearing her- no heat.. she poofs and frizzes out.

I have tried washing, deep conditioning, argan oil, frizz ease, flat ironing, flexi rods, bleach bath, and last resort.. relaxer..

I walk 5 minutes in a straight line.. nothing crazy.. and she poofs at the neck area and at my ears. Everywhere except where the lace is.. (Shoudda got a full lace wig).

She is a WILD Hot Mess. I have to brush her constantly. But I need to tame her. If I could she would be the perfect unit. I have a special occasion this weekend I would love to put the flexi rods in.. But I also need to be able to wear her in her normal state- just straight down. Tell me what to do, I will do it, tell me what to buy an I will buy it!!!!

How to Tame a WiLd unit….

Sponsored Links

Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:48pm
Haven't had a chinese KS unit but I've had TONS of chinese units processed to different textures. It's odd that yours is poofing....chinese normally does the opposite. I would say wash and condition with Dove products follow up with an ACV rinse, a dab of virgin coconut oil while it's wet. Let it air dry and then flat iron. You should be good to go after that. HTH
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:03pm
Hmmm Processed Chinese doesn't poof. That's quite odd. 
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Hmmm Processed Chinese doesn't poof. That's quite odd. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. My Chinese KS doesn't change unless water hits it....
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:07am
I'm wondering if you were sent an Indian remy processed to KS by mistake.  Try an anti-poof serum, like Sabino moisture block, on your next shampoo.
Butta'scotch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta'scotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 8:46pm
You can try the "Cowboy Magic" detangler. It's primarily for horses, but is safe for humans and dogs as well. Search for Sexibeach's old posts about this. I purchased some years ago and still use it for my: wigs, dog (a very hairy Pomeranian), and at times on my hair. It works miracles on untameable/unruly hair. Hope this helps.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Butta'scotch Butta'scotch wrote:

You can try the "Cowboy Magic" detangler. It's primarily for horses, but is safe for humans and dogs as well. Search for Sexibeach's old posts about this. I purchased some years ago and still use it for my: wigs, dog (a very hairy Pomeranian), and at times on my hair. It works miracles on untameable/unruly hair. Hope this helps.

Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 2:08am
Cowboy Magic can be used on dogs? Wonder if it will tame my Bishon Maltese? C'mere Bella, I want to show you something. Evil Smile
babycakebabe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 3:19am
*Thin it out a bit in the area that is tangling/poofing
*Use Dove Nutritive Oil Therapy Conditioner (sold at Walmart) on it as a deep conditioner, or at least for 5 minutes. It contains Lactic Acid and tames the beast without loosening the kinky straight texture.

I have used gallons & gallons of Cowboy Magic over the years and love it, but this Dove Nutritive Oil Therapy is my current love for unruly afro & kinky texture units.
RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 12:13pm
Try another bleach bath. I have had to do the BB mulitple times on a rotten wig. 

The wig may have some synthetic in it. Give it a good hot oil treatment and comb out well before rinsing or washing. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic