Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Taking vitamins while breastfeeding

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
belladiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belladiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking vitamins while breastfeeding
    Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 3:01pm
Im breastfeeding my new baby, but wanted to begin taking msm, biotin , and hair vitamins. Do you think that those vitamins will be safe to take while breastfeeding.
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 3:07pm
That's something you should ask your doctor, just to be sure.
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 3:16pm
Biotin is passed through breast milk, even if you're not on supplements, so technically it's not harmful to your baby, but only your doctor will know how much of it you should be passing onto your child.

ETA: But in all honesty, I would avoid using any unnecessary supplements [especially strictly for hair growth] while breast feeding. I'm 6 weeks pregnant and my doctor instructed me not to use anything that I didn't essentially need. She even told me not to use MN.

Edited by MissMesha - Sep 09 2010 at 3:23pm
ImaFabulousDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImaFabulousDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 4:26pm
I agree with MissMesha, especially since what you intake is what they intake. Just like when pregnant. Excess goes to them and if it was excess for you then it is beyond excess for them. Try sticking to your prenatals and whatever else is necessary to your health.
The reason why I am not promoting talking to your doctor is because when I was pregnant and breastfeeding my doc told me that my iron supplement was excessive and all I needed was the iron in my vitamin. Well couple months later I went from a 14 (as good as it gets) to a 7 (borderline anemic). Long story short, I didn't listen to him for the rest of my pregnancy nor during my breastfeeding which I did for 13 months on my iron supplement and it never went below or above 14. Take caution with doctors.
Lia200805 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lia200805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 5:33pm
I co-sign with the other ladies. I'm breast feeding my seven-week-old and take the vitamins which are pre-natals and also for use when breast feeding.  They are called Pregnacare (but I don't know if they are available outside of the UK...not sure where you are!)
LongWay2Grow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongWay2Grow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2010 at 5:33pm
I am currently 6 months pregnant. I agree that you should probably just stick to a daily prenantal (the ones with the added DHA are good) just in case. I have the same sentiments about doctors not always giving the best advice. I was suffering with migraines earlier in my pregnancy are they prescribed me narcotics ShockedConfusedOuch....claiming them to be safe...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic