BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Take out your weaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 1.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 5:34pm
OMG SANG!!!!!Shocked

Sponsored Links

ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 5:34pm
Sang, your hair is fabulous!!
Way to work it!
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I once heard it said weaves are to black women as blonde is to white women.  I've heard many a white chick laugh and say, "I don't even know what my natural hair color is!"  But let a sista say she's never seen her natural hair Shocked

IMO if you want real liberation, shave your head.  I've done it three times and there's nothing like it!  
When they get their hair dyed blonde, they are attempting to be more Yt lol They still are doing it in hopes of achieving the Yt ideal beauty. They aren't looking to us when they go blonde.

This suggests that black women are trying to be white.  I don't think so.  I think in both scenarios, women are trying to be more desirable according to society's standards.  We don't reject our thick lips and round hips in an effort to be white.  We embrace them in an effort to be desirable.  

But what are those standards?
None of it involves tryna look like us or any peoples of colour for that matter.We could dance from now til daylight....all of this "ideal" goes back to one look, one race...

*not sayin weave wearers in general are trying to look white...just saying, the desire for long flowy hair is coming from somewhere*

First let me give Sang her props for that thick, beautiful, gorgeous hair!  

As far as where those standards come from, I think that is an individual question.  I think it is whatever a person internalizes as true beauty.  All I'm saying is that I don't think black women are skipping into salons begging to look white.  I personally am a tall, dark-skinned, loc-wearing woman.  The first time I saw a black woman with a head of locs, my heart skipped a beat.  I have always been fond of toned physiques and brown skin.  So that's what I strive for.  As far as where our personal ideals come from, I don't think it's that simple.  I had natural hair my whole life with the exception of 2 weaves which I felt were tight, itchy and flat.  Did not love.  But like another poster said, she looks better weaved up.  It's an individual decision based on individual preferences that are influenced by our experiences.

I read a magazine article a couple of months ago that said natural sistas aren't taken seriously in business but will do fine in more artsy jobs.  I was like WTF??  I think I'm pretty successful and relaxers/weaves have never been my thing.  But the person writing may have had another experience that made them feel that way.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 7:09pm
Stern Smile
MEGA MANE: Evelyn Park and Alastair Galpin await the confirmation on their world record attempt.

It will be a hairy wait until confirmation from London, but Alastair Galpin and Evelyn Park are
confident they will make it into the Guinness World Records book.

To mark Guinness World Records day on November 13, Mr Galpin approached Ms Park from Garden of Eve in St Heliers with the idea of attempting to break the record for the world’s longest hair extensions.

The pair first appeared in the East & Bays Courier on November 12 as they prepared to set the record.

It took Ms Park nearly four hours to weave 6.68 metres of synthetic hair into Mr Galpin’s hairline.

"This is one of the best Guinness World Record days I’ve ever experienced," Mr Galpin says. "It was a pleasure, I love the hair, and look forward to the record being verified."

Ms Park says Mr Galpin was very patient. "It was quite tiring for me though. They’re the longest extensions I’ve ever attached."

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 7:18pm
lovely sang... 
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

^^^Is that Evangelista?Smile
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Aint nobody wearing 4C weaves lol Not even us

i see theyre now making weaves that mimic natural hair.....you'd think somewhere in there they would manage to make some that mimic 4c, but, dare we dreamLOL

but then again, not even naturals tryna have no 4c hair...errybody wanna be Joan Clayton and Cree Summer...
if ya hair ain't naturally 4555888 density, ya cant tell the natural hair community nuffin

Yes, there is weave that mimics 4c. I have it,i wear it.

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:16pm
@NJ: Good eye! Indeed it is. In all her Ogilvie home perm glory.

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

@NJ: Good eye! Indeed it is. In all her Ogilvie home perm glory.

ahh...the early 1990. when everyone had a feather cut LOLLOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 8:22pm
I've seen 4b hair pieces, extensions and braiding hair at the BSS. A few years ago I did not see anything resembling naps.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920>