Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Take out your weaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 1.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I once heard it said weaves are to black women as blonde is to white women.  I've heard many a white chick laugh and say, "I don't even know what my natural hair color is!"  But let a sista say she's never seen her natural hair Shocked

IMO if you want real liberation, shave your head.  I've done it three times and there's nothing like it!  
When they get their hair dyed blonde, they are attempting to be more Yt lol They still are doing it in hopes of achieving the Yt ideal beauty. They aren't looking to us when they go blonde.

This suggests that black women are trying to be white.  I don't think so.  I think in both scenarios, women are trying to be more desirable according to society's standards.  We don't reject our thick lips and round hips in an effort to be white.  We embrace them in an effort to be desirable.  
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:36pm
I look better with a weave . Nothing to do with white folk.  I think we have more important things to focus on in our community . Cops killing our people for shopping in a mall for example . SMH . 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:41pm
Who's wearing white people hair?
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:44pm

I once heard it said weaves are to black women as blonde is to white women.  I've heard many a white chick laugh and say, "I don't even know what my natural hair color is!"  But let a sista say she's never seen her natural hair Shocked

IMO if you want real liberation, shave your head.  I've done it three times and there's nothing like it!  
When they get their hair dyed blonde, they are attempting to be more Yt lol They still are doing it in hopes of achieving the Yt ideal beauty. They aren't looking to us when they go blonde.

This suggests that black women are trying to b e white.  I don't think so.  I think in both scenarios, women are trying to be more desirable according to society's standards.  We don't reject our thick lips and round hips in an effort to be white.  We embrace them in an effort to be desirable.  
I'm saying that Yt is the ideal beauty in this country and that they aren't looking to us in terms of hair but it seems like a lot of us are; even based on what you just said. In attempt to be desiravle we are making decisions based on society's ideal desirable looks. Not all Black women wear weaves or straighten for this reason but there are definitely some that do. I've heard women say that they would wear that natural texture if it were type 1 or type 2 or 3a/3b. I have heard students say that they need to go get a perm because they need that Yt/Latina girl look smh.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I look better with a weave . Nothing to do with white folk.  I think we have more important things to focus on in our community . Cops killing our people for shopping in a mall for example . SMH . 
Why not focus on multiple issues? Why not focus on how young Black girls view themselves as well? Why limit our growth and progression?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:55pm

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Why not focus on multiple issues? Why not focus on how young Black girls view themselves as well? Why limit our growth and progression?
The reason i said "our community" . I make a diffrence in real life . 
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

And white women weave it UP.

If you see a limp-haired white woman with plenty of volume on that head, you better believe she got tracks in there.

If she ain't looking like a Merida or a Nicky from OITNB with that obvious thickness in her hair, she got extensions for sure.
I asked what texture weave do you see them with? Yt/Latina/Asian of course some of them wear weaves. They wear textures similar to their own texture,not ours. I was using them as an example. Most Black women that wear weaves wear hair textures different from our own natural texture. Is that not even slightly odd to y'all
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:06pm
nope. 

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:08pm
Aint nobody wearing 4C weaves lol Not even us
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 3:11pm
Lol I'd rock some 4b if I could find it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>