Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Take out your weaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 1.86  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I hate white people locs too.
 *stank face* ugh-- i totally agree. 
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Uh huhhhh! Believe that if you want lol
yes, and after that like 3 day 200+ page instigation thread, i shall. LOL
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 12:58pm
Wow, really yall funny as eff in here. I stand by everything I said. I like Coco, I wasn't even in the pill threadWacko  But whatever. Meh, I won't argue with none of yall I'm trying to be a better person slowly very slowly but surelyLOL
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:02pm
Ah, the age-old discussion of hair follicles...ladies do what you want (natural/weave/relaxer). Someone will hate your hairstyle regardless Tongue
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

I understand what OP is saying tho. How many Yt girls do you see walking around with kinky weaves?

How many YT women do you see walking around with their natural curly hair texture and brown/non-blond color? Not many, I promise.

And the 100+ years of the Georgian era frowns on your shenanagans. This ain't these heauxs real hair.

For Farra

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:29pm
LOL  Thanks ragin. Embarrassed
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:46pm
I once heard it said weaves are to black women as blonde is to white women.  I've heard many a white chick laugh and say, "I don't even know what my natural hair color is!"  But let a sista say she's never seen her natural hair Shocked

IMO if you want real liberation, shave your head.  I've done it three times and there's nothing like it!  
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

LOL  Thanks ragin. Embarrassed

Welcome Farra!!
You hit the nail all upside the head with those pics.
Glad I didn't have to be the one to help those yt folk put on their wigs.
They hardly washed themselves back then. No telling when those wigs saw water.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:27pm
We are talking about the state of our current society, so you don't have to reach that far back. Lol. White hair/White Latina Hair/Asian hair is seen as more desirable because of society's standards of beauty. The comments I have heard from women prove that they are effected by society's pressure. Look at how many natural women even question if they should straighten their hair in order to look professional, since in society walking into most corporate offices with kinky hair is taboo. How many major Black female celebrities (singers, actresses, etc) wear kinky hair? Not many unless it is loose in texture. Stop being so offended and wake up. There is nothing wrong with throwing in a weave here and there but when nearly every Black womans idea of beautiful hair is anything other than their own texture or something similar, it is sad. I have heard some very disturbing comments from some of my dance students about their hair. Tbh being from Miami, I used to think the same way until I opened my eyes.

Edited by 305bgirl - Feb 08 2014 at 2:32pm
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

I once heard it said weaves are to black women as blonde is to white women.  I've heard many a white chick laugh and say, "I don't even know what my natural hair color is!"  But let a sista say she's never seen her natural hair Shocked

IMO if you want real liberation, shave your head.  I've done it three times and there's nothing like it!  
When they get their hair dyed blonde, they are attempting to be more Yt lol They still are doing it in hopes of achieving the Yt ideal beauty. They aren't looking to us when they go blonde.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>
  Share Topic