Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Synthetic hair ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 7:26am
This is the update, for those who wanted to see the results. 
I finally took the plunge for marley hair. I wanted synthetic or blended hair that would match my 3 texture hair (my last relaxer failed, cause I had the stupid idea to put EVOO in it, when I have super coarse and dense 4z hair and in fact should go for the super strength Pig ). 

I bought 2 packs of Hadora-something marley hair, in 2 and 4, that I blow dried and combed to death. Only God knows what I was thinking when I took 2 different colors for my supposedly natural looking crochet Pig, but here are the pics !!

I put flexi rods on bottom half of each strand, then I passed my blow drier on the hottest setting for like 2 minutes, kept it overnight for my own hair to curl, and voila ! I have 1 inch of leave out around the part, that's all. 

It feels so crazily amazing that I dont have to fry my leave out to match some brazilian wavy sh*t Cool. I dont even have to blow dry my 4-months-post-failed-relaxer hair !!!

For those who may try this, BEWARE, DONT TAKE MORE THAN 2 PACKS. I was told I looked like Mufasa's evil bro Pinch when I had just finished with my 1 pack and a half, and the hair wasn't cut nor curled yet. So I stopped putting more strands in lol.
I also separated the strands of the marley in half, so that I strand would make two.

If a modo could update the title as well...
Sponsored Links

SampleSized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampleSized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:26am
Wow, that is the most natural marley style i have ever seen! Is there a particular video/tutorial that helped you achieve this exact style? You've inspired me
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:43am
That looks real naturalClap
mvanburen19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvanburen19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:50am
I like it! Smile
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by SampleSized SampleSized wrote:

Wow, that is the most natural marley style i have ever seen! Is there a particular video/tutorial that helped you achieve this exact style? You've inspired me

Thanks girl !

Well there's this video of a lady using blow dried marley hair for her crochet. Without her, I would have never thought about blow drying marley hair to get the texture I wanted : http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmL297TnVXk - http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmL297TnVXk

She's natural so I was a bit afraid that the hair wouldn't match my texture(s Pig) and that the hair would be too big on me. 

So I found another video where the girl explains NOT to use the entire strand, but to split it, to kinda tame the "bigness" of the marley hair :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aad9kmUREGY - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aad9kmUREGY 

So even though I originally was looking for a more long and sleek style, I'm really happy with the results Big smile

Edited by Aihtnyck - Oct 18 2013 at 10:41am
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 12:48pm
Wow!! you did a great job.
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 3:13pm
Thanks hun !
carrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 6:51pm
looks great!
solena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 7:53pm
looks great
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair