BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

swim wig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
1timer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 10:38am
I do swim and go snorkeling in wigs.  I go with synthetics with lots of wig clips sewn in.  Synthetics don't tangle or do anything unexpected.  They keep their style and stay exactly as they are. 

The only problem I had with wigs on my vacation this summer was when they started playing a game in the pool where people (strangers) give each other head massages.  I had to say no to that game.   

I don't have any experience swimming in human hair wigs, but I did with human hair weaves and depending on the hair those were much more likely to do something crazy.   

Don't go to Hawaii and let your wig hold you back from enjoying yourself fully.  

Here are some youtube videos showing that either could work:

Human hair:

Synthetic

Edited by 1timer - Sep 02 2013 at 11:18am
Sponsored Links

MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by 1timer 1timer wrote:

I do swim and go snorkeling in wigs.  I go with synthetics with lots of wig clips sewn in.  Synthetics don't tangle or do anything unexpected.  They keep their style and stay exactly as they are. 

The only problem I had with wigs on my vacation this summer was when they started playing a game in the pool where people (strangers) give each other head massages.  I had to say no to that game.   

I don't have any experience swimming in human hair wigs, but I did with human hair weaves and depending on the hair those were much more likely to do something crazy.   

Don't go to Hawaii and let your wig hold you back from enjoying yourself fully.  

Here are some youtube videos showing that either could work:

Human hair:

Synthetic

I agree with the others about human hair. Wear pretty swin caps and head wraps too.

But, don't forget to pack another wig.

Most importantly, have fun!!!!
Artemis9109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artemis9109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2013 at 7:41am
I go on a beach vacation at least once a year and i always wear my wigs in the water pool or ocean. Defs do human hair. Like a few others suggested i go with a wavy unit, it just looks beachy lol.

When I'm in the water I braid the hair back into one long (husband calls it my Avatar) braid. After i get out of the water I just make sure to wash it condition and get a good leave in conditioner to put on I like the Mixed Chicks Leave in. Sally beauty also has a good after swim leave in spray conditioner that works well.
*WeaveStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 7:22am
Absolutely Human Hair.  I went swimming with a fresh Synthy Hair install that was specifically for weekend getaway and I hoped to have it last beyond that.  I spend $95 on 3 packs of hair and $140 (including tip) for Install, Cut and Style.  My first day in the pool, my hair turned into an un-comb-able angry snarling mess that had to be removed in less than 3 days and tossed in the trash.  It was a waste of over $200 time spent getting my hair braided and installed.  Also throughout the trip I had to improvise on hair styling choices.  Instead of the hair styles I intended to wear with the outfits chosen for the weekend events, I ended up with a tight bun at the nape and various clips, scarves, pins and hats to hide the racoon's nest.

I've done human hair and it acts like "human hair" so that is the absolute best choice.  I would say that if your human hair is processed be careful, if its colored then the daily water exposure will dull, lighten and change the color (reds, blonds, black, light browns etc).  I agree with the font that says shampoo every couple of days and use a really good conditioner daily.  The shampoo I used on my HH Unit on vacation was L'anza Swim and Sun Daily.  I also preferred hair that was wavy or curled when wet so there was minimal need to style with curling irons and it looked good wet or dry.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12