Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SweetNovember*'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

did you ever get your monistat (miconizole nitrate) and sulfur oil? My 2 month update picture is in the Monistat Sulfur super grow thread. Check it out. THAT mix will definitely help with your bald spot.

I have the monistat but I don't have sulfur. I wonder if there is some place I can get it locally. I have been appying a castor oil mix to my spot. I added tea tree oil and monistat. If I can find the sulfur oil I will definitely join the challenge.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 6:41pm
For the sulfur part of your sulfur/ Monistat ointment there are several options:
good luck finding the mix that is good for you and happy hair growing Sweet November Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 12:56am
My hair has been feeling dry lately. I notice when my hair is dry and I'm wearing a puff I tend to pick in it a lot, looking for SSKs and what not and leading to breakage. I tried the LCO method just now. I used water and S Curl No Drip for the liquid, Elasta QP Mango butter moisturizer for the cream, and pure shea butter for the oil. I've been moisturizing with plain water lately. I think I'm gonna go back to my moisture mix which was water with any combination of conditioner, olive oil, glycerine, and aloe vera juice. I think my hair was a lot softer and shinier when I used my moisture mix, but it probably had a lot to do with the fact that I was CG as well.

But anyway my hair feels nice and soft and moisturized now so I'm no longer tempted to pick in it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2013 at 6:10pm
After I moisturized yesterday I went back and made a moisture mist. I included water, conditioner, glycerine, and olive oil. I would have added aloe vera juice but I ran out of space in the bottle. After I sprayed my hair with this I baggied my puff for the night. Even though my hair has dried completely since I remover the cap, the difference is AMAZING. I remember I used to baggy and GHE when I first when natural but I guess I fell off. My hair feels like a sponge cake. I am not even tempted to pick at my coils because they are so buttery soft.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:35pm
I just removed my puff and applied my deep conditioner. I went through my hair and applied Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque, detangled and put it in chunky twists. That took at least a couple hours. I started around my hairline and then did the middle. It was all going really well until I got to the middle. My process was lightly spraying my hair so it wasn't bone dry and then detangling with the masque. It worked well on my edges but the left side of the middle was stubborn and extremely tangled. Then I realized that it was because my edges were stretched because my hair was in a puff. The puff itself was completely unstretched and that's why it was so hard to detangle. After struggling with the left side of the puff I completely wet down the right side and used the fingers of both hands to pull out my hair from it's shrunken state until it was softened and loosened up. I then proceeded with detangling. It went literally ten times faster than the other side had taken. I hope my explanation made sense.

My hair is now in twists covered in a conditioning cap and a beanie. I probably won't wash my hair until tonight. I've had enough for right now. *whew*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 12:36pm
Lady Aradia I will soon find some way to get the sulfur because my scalp is actin up something horrible. Maybe this will finally work for me. Thanks for all your suggestions.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2013 at 2:45pm
you could just break down and order some Shapley's MTG oil or Liquid gold sulfur oil. You can buy a visa or master card gift card from walmart if you don't have a cc.
ask about it at a store at checkout

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 22 2013 at 2:58pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 8:19am
That deep condition turned into an extended baggying session. Early this morning I mixed my shampoo (added tea tree oil and ACV, gosh what a stink) and applied it mostly to my roots and washed it out. My hair was not stripped. After a light towel dry I redid each twist and detangled with Cantu Shea Butter Leave In (which is protein based to counter all the moisturizing I did) and sealed with pure shea butter. I have about 15 twists total. I pinned each twist at the root to minimize puffiness. I can really see how my hair has grown since I big chopped. I can't wait to see my twist out. I got this idea from my sister.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 1:20am
So I washed my hair again last night. I washed it in seven large flat twists, three in the front going from left to right and 4 in the back going down. It was a remnant of an old hairstyle. I started with a hot oil treatment (my first ever, I still don't get the point) and let that sit while I showered then I shampooed my hair very thoroughly to make sure I got it all out. Then I deep conditioned with Elasta QP Soy Oyl. It has petrolatum and mineral oil as it's second and third ingredients but whatever. I undid my flat twists in the shower one at a time and finger combed and removed shed hair using the conditioner. After I had detangled and retwisted my whole head I rinsed very thoroughly. I chose not to apply a leave in conditioner afterwards because I wanted to see what my hair would be like if it dried without any product.... ....... ...........  ..........................................

Anyway, a little while ago redid my twists once again and moisturized with As I Am Leave In which made my twist out revert immediately. I used a small amount since my hair was already detangled. I sealed with Crisco. My hair still felt dry so I sprayed on some Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 and my own moisture spray to impart some moisture to my hair. Lesson learned: don't let my hair dry product free. Now I doing GHE. I'm sure when I take off my conditioning cap everything will be fine. When all else fails, a good GHE always fixes it.

I have some pictures since the last wash including a few different different hairstyles which I will post when I feel like getting all that stuff together and uploading on tinypic, etc.
Anah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Anah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 08 2013 at 2:27am
Friend of mine used to have a REALLY BAD build up of plaques on his scalp.I used to braid his hair and I started using pure coconut oil as his "grease" have you tried coconut oil? It is a natural anti fungal, that's the only thing that helped him. Sulphur 8 didnt do anything for him but burn.

He has since cut his hair off but he still uses the oil, he has absolutely no issues as long as he applies some every couple days, otherwise it creeps back. Sorry if it was already mentioned. 

Your hair is gorg btw!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System