Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SweetNovember*'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 7:50am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

OMGGGGG I have a bald spot!!!!!!

I am so mad at myself. At first I couldn't figure out how I could have gotten it. Now I know it is from that half wig I had a couple weeks ago. I sewed a base braid behind my hairline and sewed the cap onto that. I didn't feel that I braided tightly but after a couple hours it was hurting soooo bad. I should have known something was wrong then. And I also knew after taking it out that I had super shedding in that area. I only noticed the bald spot today because I did some flat twists in the front of my head. The spot is small but it is SHINY bald Cry and it looks kind of sore. I put castor oil on it already. I was wondering how a bald spot could be in the form of a straight line but now I know it was following the shape of the base braid. I took pics already; I will post them later because I am tired right now. I am so disappointed in myself. No more weave for me for like six months or until it's completely grown in, whichever is later. I just never thought something like this could happen to me!
I have to treat my hair like it is super fragile and the most priceless, delicate silk. That of course means NO SEWING on it. I even only wore my u part wig once because I could see the combs inside it tore a few strands of my hair from the top of my head within just a few hours of wearing the wig!

An old friend of mine who had grown bsl told me yesterday she similarly lost ALL her hair and now only has a twa. She went to a salon to have her hair cornrowed down to wear under wigs. Anyways, instead of cornrows, they sewed her hair down in tiny twists with thread and tiny knots. So when she tried to remove the thread and knots 3 months later, all her length was dredlock and ALL had to be cut off down to the newgrowth!!!

So NOTHING GETS SEWED on my head. NOTHING GETS GLUED on my head, NO braids are pulled tight.  I find you can tend to get less shedding if you keep it flat ironed so its straight too if you are in the 4 natural range and treat it delicately.  Just wrap it at night and oil it everyday. But only flat iron a couple times a month and wrap or roll and oil every night in between. If it's relaxed, NO HEAT either. Just rollersets and wraps, oiling everyday for relaxed hair.

For me a hair jouney now means NO glue, NO thread, keeping it smooth/stretched and lubricated with oil constantly for less shedding. Comb it VERY SLOWLY to delicately EASE OUT any tangles as if my life depends on not losing a  strand. Good luck with learning to treat your hair as if it is the most priceless and most fragile silk on the planet lady!

Edited by LadyAradia - Jun 25 2013 at 8:03am
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

For me a hair jouney now means NO glue, NO thread, keeping it smooth/stretched and lubricated with oil constantly for less shedding. Comb it VERY SLOWLY to delicately EASE OUT any tangles as if my life depends on not losing a  strand. Good luck with learning to treat your hair as if it is the most priceless and most fragile silk on the planet lady!

I see exactly what you mean, Lady. I'm already super snobby with my hair, and now I see I'm going to have to be even more watchful. Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:59pm
Well here are pics of my wash n go I did last night. I used kinky-curly products. I really like it. It's kind of like a straw set. I love the idea that everyone has their own natural curl. But I went through hell to to this. It was no fault of the kinky curly, though. I tried some other products that I ended washing out and then decided to jsut do a wash n go. Formng all the coils only took about 30 minutes or less. I need to get a diffuser so I won't have to go to sleep with a wet head anymore.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:00pm
I really should post a pic of me stretching one of my curls. You can't tell from the shrinkage but my hair really is a decent length.

Edited by SweetNovember* - Jun 25 2013 at 4:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:14pm
Now some pics of this damned spot
This was the first hint of it. I was parting my hair to make the flat twists in the wash and go above. At first I thought I was tripping.

Oh, shyt, there it is...
The part I made is going from top to bottom and the bald spot is horizontal. ther where my braid was. I made the braid in a circle but this part is where the most tension was.

Ain't that about a biah?

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:18pm
Loving the hair pics.
Sorry about the bald spot, looks painful, hope it's stopped hurting.
Will read up some more and see if I have anything more to add.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:24pm
Here are my jailhouse twists from last week. Some people said they were cute but I felt like I looked like Afeni Shakur. I used Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, Curling Souffle, and Hold & Shine Moisture Mist.

And this is what I got when I took my twists out. I sprayed my hair with water to make it puff out a little because it was too defined for my taste. I wore this for two days before I washed it out and did my wash n go. That's when I found my bald spot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 9:17pm
Washing my hair tonight. *crosses fingers* It's been a while. It's funny because when I was relaxed I would go ungodly amounts of time without washing my hair and now I feel gross if I go longer than a week. I hair is packed down and greasy right now. I already mixed my shampoo. I used a L'oreal  sulfate free shampoo and added tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar. I may add some salicylic acid. I put it in an applicator bottle. I will only apply it to my scalp and scrub. The rest of my hair I will cowash.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 3:24am
So I did wash my hair as described above. It was a very quick process. I didn't take hours detangling like I did when I first big chopped. I find that my hair is much easier to detangle in the shower when it is soaking wet. After the initial wash I followed up with Pantene's Cowash Conditioner. I really liked it. It was just as good as Tresemme Naturals which is what I compare everything to nowadays. But really, it had a ton of slip and made detangling my hair really easy. I'm pleasantly surprised. I had little faith in Pantene. I only bought it because it was four bucks. I'm gonna make it a staple.

I'm giving myself a break from the elaborate styling I've been doing as of late. I put my hair up in a big ole puff. I put plenty of Giovanni Direct leave in on my ends and sealed with grapeseed oil. It's been a while since I wore a puff. But I've been feeling lazy lately and I think I'll do the same next week.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 8:54am
did you ever get your monistat (miconizole nitrate) and sulfur oil? My 2 month update picture is in the Monistat Sulfur super grow thread. Check it out. THAT mix will definitely help with your bald spot.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 10 2013 at 8:55am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair