FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedSweetNovember*s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

For me a hair jouney now means NO glue, NO thread, keeping it smooth/stretched and lubricated with oil constantly for less shedding. Comb it VERY SLOWLY to delicately EASE OUT any tangles as if my life depends on not losing a  strand. Good luck with learning to treat your hair as if it is the most priceless and most fragile silk on the planet lady!

I see exactly what you mean, Lady. I'm already super snobby with my hair, and now I see I'm going to have to be even more watchful. Ouch
Sponsored Links

Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:59pm
Well here are pics of my wash n go I did last night. I used kinky-curly products. I really like it. It's kind of like a straw set. I love the idea that everyone has their own natural curl. But I went through hell to to this. It was no fault of the kinky curly, though. I tried some other products that I ended washing out and then decided to jsut do a wash n go. Formng all the coils only took about 30 minutes or less. I need to get a diffuser so I won't have to go to sleep with a wet head anymore.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:00pm
I really should post a pic of me stretching one of my curls. You can't tell from the shrinkage but my hair really is a decent length.

Edited by SweetNovember* - Jun 25 2013 at 4:00pm
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:14pm
Now some pics of this damned spot
This was the first hint of it. I was parting my hair to make the flat twists in the wash and go above. At first I thought I was tripping.

Oh, shyt, there it is...
The part I made is going from top to bottom and the bald spot is horizontal. ther where my braid was. I made the braid in a circle but this part is where the most tension was.

Ain't that about a biah?

Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:18pm
Loving the hair pics.
Sorry about the bald spot, looks painful, hope it's stopped hurting.
Will read up some more and see if I have anything more to add.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:24pm
Here are my jailhouse twists from last week. Some people said they were cute but I felt like I looked like Afeni Shakur. I used Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, Curling Souffle, and Hold & Shine Moisture Mist.

And this is what I got when I took my twists out. I sprayed my hair with water to make it puff out a little because it was too defined for my taste. I wore this for two days before I washed it out and did my wash n go. That's when I found my bald spot.

Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 9:17pm
Washing my hair tonight. *crosses fingers* It's been a while. It's funny because when I was relaxed I would go ungodly amounts of time without washing my hair and now I feel gross if I go longer than a week. I hair is packed down and greasy right now. I already mixed my shampoo. I used a L'oreal  sulfate free shampoo and added tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar. I may add some salicylic acid. I put it in an applicator bottle. I will only apply it to my scalp and scrub. The rest of my hair I will cowash.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 3:24am
So I did wash my hair as described above. It was a very quick process. I didn't take hours detangling like I did when I first big chopped. I find that my hair is much easier to detangle in the shower when it is soaking wet. After the initial wash I followed up with Pantene's Cowash Conditioner. I really liked it. It was just as good as Tresemme Naturals which is what I compare everything to nowadays. But really, it had a ton of slip and made detangling my hair really easy. I'm pleasantly surprised. I had little faith in Pantene. I only bought it because it was four bucks. I'm gonna make it a staple.

I'm giving myself a break from the elaborate styling I've been doing as of late. I put my hair up in a big ole puff. I put plenty of Giovanni Direct leave in on my ends and sealed with grapeseed oil. It's been a while since I wore a puff. But I've been feeling lazy lately and I think I'll do the same next week.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 8:54am
did you ever get your monistat (miconizole nitrate) and sulfur oil? My 2 month update picture is in the Monistat Sulfur super grow thread. Check it out. THAT mix will definitely help with your bald spot.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 10 2013 at 8:55am
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

did you ever get your monistat (miconizole nitrate) and sulfur oil? My 2 month update picture is in the Monistat Sulfur super grow thread. Check it out. THAT mix will definitely help with your bald spot.

I have the monistat but I don't have sulfur. I wonder if there is some place I can get it locally. I have been appying a castor oil mix to my spot. I added tea tree oil and monistat. If I can find the sulfur oil I will definitely join the challenge.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic