BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SweetNovember*'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 2:42pm
Thanks, Vee. I have an old jar from a few years ago but it's probably no good. I remember really liking it. It made my hair really soft. I will def pick it up.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

So I tried my ccurlformers. I ended up using a total of 66 of them. First of all it took all damn day to get them all in my hair. I actually had to stop and go to sleep and finish the next day. I used Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll. The curls came out well, but my plans were to comb it out and wrap my hair so I could wear it straight. When I tried to comb it my hair was hard and tangled at the ends. I tried to blow it out it on low for little while but I eventually gave up and washed it out and did a wash n go. The next time I set my hair I will use a creme with a soft hold and finish. 

I am not familiar with that product but it sounds like a stiff hard set. I never use any firm hold in my hair at all. I HATE products that make the hair hard and stiff because they break easier that way. I like to keep my hair lubricated, especially if you want it straight.. I always use light soft  products. You would need a LOT of OIL in the hair for that along with a soft set like maybe a small amount of flaxseed gel and a lot of oil. You can get a portable hooded dryer for about $40 one ebay.com or amazon.com. that would be IDEAL for both drying the hair with the curlformers AND for when you wrap it afterward and cover your wrap with ceranwrap plastic to sit under the hot dryer for the "SILKWRAP" step 2 that you mentioned. The hair must be TOTALLY DRY before you take off the curlformers or you are wasting your time...it will simply revert as it dries. Also you can not use anything with glycerine with a set... just oil and something like flaxseed gel or a small amount of lottabody.

After you slip the curlformers off, put a LOT OF OIL on your hands and finger loosen each curl with a lot of oil... then also put on oil before you brush it into a wrap and cover tightly with ceran wrap plastic and go under the dryer.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 10 2013 at 3:00pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 1:59am
Hi everyone, it's been a while. I had a half wig for two weeks that I took out a couple days ago. I used this kinky curly hair that looks a lot like a twist out. I don't have any pics of it dry but later I will post some wet pics of it. 

Because my hair had been under the cap for two weeks I washed it vigorously with the pink Shea Moisture shampoo, will the braids were still in. I used Tresemme Naturals conditioner and Giovanni leave in. My hair was really easy to detangle at first but when I went back to remove the shed hair there was A LOT. I'm not sure what to think. I may do another weave in another month.

I tried Shea Moisture Curling Souffle but it was super sticky so I rinsed it out. I also tried Jane Carter Curl Defining Dream and rinsed that out too. I'm started to get wary of trying new things. I know I'm not buying the Jane Carter again because I feel the Tresemme Naturals does the same thing only better for a lot cheaper. I'm halfway through the tub of Jane Carter and I'm never left it in. I've rinsed it out all three times. 

I ended up putting my hair in a puff. Sleepy I may cowash again in a couple days and stretch my hair with chucky twists and wear a stretched fro with a headband or something like that. I'm ultra bored with this puff. Disapprove
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 9:31am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Hi everyone, it's been a while. I had a half wig for two weeks that I took out a couple days ago. I used this kinky curly hair that looks a lot like a twist out. I don't have any pics of it dry but later I will post some wet pics of it. 

Because my hair had been under the cap for two weeks I washed it vigorously with the pink Shea Moisture shampoo, will the braids were still in. I used Tresemme Naturals conditioner and Giovanni leave in. My hair was really easy to detangle at first but when I went back to remove the shed hair there was A LOT. I'm not sure what to think. I may do another weave in another month.

I tried Shea Moisture Curling Souffle but it was super sticky so I rinsed it out. I also tried Jane Carter Curl Defining Dream and rinsed that out too. I'm started to get wary of trying new things. I know I'm not buying the Jane Carter again because I feel the Tresemme Naturals does the same thing only better for a lot cheaper. I'm halfway through the tub of Jane Carter and I'm never left it in. I've rinsed it out all three times. 

I ended up putting my hair in a puff. Sleepy I may cowash again in a couple days and stretch my hair with chucky twists and wear a stretched fro with a headband or something like that. I'm ultra bored with this puff. Disapprove
Its funny you mentioned this because my hair does not react to certain products either. I purchased Cantu Shea Butter curling creme and my hair was likeErmm. I haven't used it since and I'm mad that I wasted money.
Right now I only use Nunaat combing cream daily with some olive oil and water in a spray bottle. Once a week I'll ditch the combing cream for some elasta qp mago butter. I really refuse to buy a sh!tload of products now.
Oddly enough I can have an awesome twist-out with no product at allConfused

Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

A good combination is the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie followed by Hollywood Beauty Carrot oil. this is a great combination for twist outs and it melts your tangles.

I use the shea moisture souffle and it is AWESOME!  Followed with Eco gel which I adore.  My wash n gos have never looked this good.  The trick for me is to allow it to try and then separate my hair into sections and stretch it by banding.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 1:52am
Blaque I'g give the Elasta QP Mango Butter a thumbs up. I washed my hair and used the Elasta QP as a leave in. I used it when my hair was really wet so I wouldn't use too much. I ended up having to add more for detangling purposes but I was happy with it. Right now I have my hair stretched with twists. I like the much fuller fro look I get when I take them a loose. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2013 at 8:03pm
I had a really cute hairstyle that I meant to take a pic of but I forgot. I basically flat twisted the front of my hair in three rows going sideways. The look was based on the "hair band" air style where you cornrow the front of your hair like a head band. In the back I did a twist out. I'll do the style again soon because it was so easy and low maintenance and next time I'll take pics.

I just detangled/prepooed using Shea Moisture's Purification Masque. Before I applied it my hair was balled up like a fist. This stuff is sooooooo amazing....It makes my hair so soft and fluffy and slippery. Detangling was so quick and pain free. A far cry from the debacle I had last week when I ended up with a huge puff of shed hair. I am over this product experimentation thing. I know I didn't have to lose all of that hair last week or end the night with a headache. I'm trying to keep my hair on my head so I'm gonna use what I know works for me. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2013 at 7:37am
Just passing through to drop some pics!

My wet half wig after defining the curls. I used a twist out to blend the front. I'm really not sure why there's a white rectangle on my shoulder...

My puff right after a cowash. I left some Tresemme Naturals in.

My fro after detangling and prepooing with Queen Helene Cholesterol. I liked it.

My wash n go. At first it was hanging down more but I didn't like it because it looked like a jheri curl so I fluffed it out. I used Kinky-Curly products.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2013 at 5:39am
I just cowashed my hair. Instead of sectioning it off and detangling beforehand, I just wet my whole head and finger combed under the running water. Then I added more conditioner and divided and clipped my hair into my usual eight sections. Then I went through each section and detangled and scratched my scalp then rinsed, bantu knotted and clipped again. I think I lost a lot less hair than usual because my dripping wet hair had more slip. This method was a lot quicker also.

Right now I just have my product free hair still clipped up. I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it next so I don't know which products I'll use. I'm thinking a full twist out with a few flat twists on one side or something like that. I'll decide by this afternoon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 3:18am
OMGGGGG I have a bald spot!!!!!!

I am so mad at myself. At first I couldn't figure out how I could have gotten it. Now I know it is from that half wig I had a couple weeks ago. I sewed a base braid behind my hairline and sewed the cap onto that. I didn't feel that I braided tightly but after a couple hours it was hurting soooo bad. I should have known something was wrong then. And I also knew after taking it out that I had super shedding in that area. I only noticed the bald spot today because I did some flat twists in the front of my head. The spot is small but it is SHINY bald Cry and it looks kind of sore. I put castor oil on it already. I was wondering how a bald spot could be in the form of a straight line but now I know it was following the shape of the base braid. I took pics already; I will post them later because I am tired right now. I am so disappointed in myself. No more weave for me for like six months or until it's completely grown in, whichever is later. I just never thought something like this could happen to me!

Edited by SweetNovember* - Jun 25 2013 at 3:19am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>