Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

SweetNovember*s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 1:13am
You know dandruff is bacteria/ fungus related. Sounds like you might benefit from doing the miconizole sulfur challenge to get a healthier scalp and grow your locks in the process.
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 1:51am
I just had to come back to say MY HAIR FEELs SO FREAKIN SOFT IT'S UNBELIEVABLE! 

I only let my hair drip dry and a squeezed a big section with a towel. No additional product.

Edited by SweetNovember* - Apr 30 2013 at 1:53am
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 1:53am
Originally posted by LadyAradia LadyAradia wrote:

You know dandruff is bacteria/ fungus related. Sounds like you might benefit from doing the miconizole sulfur challenge to get a healthier scalp and grow your locks in the process.

Thanks. I was worried about that. I had hoped maybe it was genetic (my dad has the same scalp issues). I have the Monistat 7. I still haven't picked up he sulfur but I will. I used the miconizole a few times but I didn't notice the difference. I will try it undiluted.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 2:20am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I want to try single strand twists/comb coils, minus the comb of course. I figure it will be just the same as the wash and go, except I'll part neatly and take bigger sections. If if works out I'll post pics. Wish me luck!

So I've run out of patience already. I was at it for about fifteen minutes and that was wrap. I'd rather pay someone to do them. Sleepy
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 10:23pm
I just had to mention, for the record, that the Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion has zero slip. I will not be using this again to detangle my wet hair. That is all.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 10:36pm
its going to take months not days  to notice a difference. But it will come.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 1:30am
So I tried my ccurlformers. I ended up using a total of 66 of them. First of all it took all damn day to get them all in my hair. I actually had to stop and go to sleep and finish the next day. I used Jane Carter's Wrap and Roll. The curls came out well, but my plans were to comb it out and wrap my hair so I could wear it straight. When I tried to comb it my hair was hard and tangled at the ends. I tried to blow it out it on low for little while but I eventually gave up and washed it out and did a wash n go. The next time I set my hair I will use a creme with a soft hold and finish. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 3:35pm
I redid my wash n go because it got smooshed at it looked dry and lacked definition. For that wash n go I used Tresemme Naturals as my leave in and Fantasia IC as my gel. They do mot mix well because I got the white clumps. 

Anyway, just now I used Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curling Souffle. The Smoothie foamed up a lot. It's drying now. If I don't like how it turns out then tomorrow I'll gonna rinse it out and do it again using something else.

I should also mention that I made no attempt at going through my hair and defining my curls. I really don't have time for that. I'm trying to wash and GO. I can't wait till I find the product combination and method that allows me to do that.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 5:40pm
A good combination is the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie followed by Hollywood Beauty Carrot oil. this is a great combination for twist outs and it melts your tangles.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 2:42pm
Thanks, Vee. I have an old jar from a few years ago but it's probably no good. I remember really liking it. It made my hair really soft. I will def pick it up.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic