Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

SweetNovember*'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 7:26am
Me and my hair got into a fight! I tried to do a puff. Everything was going so well until...*note to self: don't mix Cream of Nature Conditioner with Ecostyler gel or the result will be tiny creepy white blobs*.

I had to rinse my hair out, at which point it lost all slip and shriveled down against my head. I must have gone through a half a bottle of Giovanni Direct Leave In in the past 24 hours. It's good stuff though. After detangling for the SECOND time and getting minor breakage this time (I washed my hair loose since it was an emergency) I secured the sections with clips. I'm letting it dry til it's damp and then I'll try this puff again. I'll post pics.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 6:17pm
My first Official Puff! I'm so proud!

Giovanni Leave In (all over), Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel and water(on perimeter to smooth down my hair), Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer and Sheen Spray, and Worlds of Curls Moisturizing Oil Sheen Spray (on puff), 4Naturals Slick-It Pomade (on Edges)

mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 7:46pm
Your puff is so nice and round!...Prettiful...Big smile
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 10:44pm
ITA with ms. tc!
Congratz on the napps!
Your hair is loverly!
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 7:03am
yeah that puff is cute.  to this day i havent figured out how yah keep those bans from sliding off your heads. i have to fake it with a regular old ponytail and then pat it around.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 11:03am
Thanks, guys! Tatee, I used a knee high. 

Yesterday was the first time someone came up and asked me about my natural hair. I still had it in that same puff with a flower pin. They said, "Does it hurt to comb it?" LoL. I explained that I detangle my hair in sections and braid or twist each section before I wash it so that after I'm done it's already detangled and I don't have to rip through it. That's actually helpful whether you're natural or relaxed. 

I'll probably wash and switch up my style later this week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 11:11am
Oh yeah, in my refresher/moisturizer spray bottle, this time I put water, conditioner, and aloe vera juice. It makes my hair kinda crunchy, but not in a bad way. It has hold. It really made my hair curl up. It's not clumped because I like my puff to be picked out like a cloud, but my individual curls are really defined.

I use one of those mesh wraps with the velcro closure to keep my hair flat around my puff. It has been a life saver. It stays put and doesn't make me sweat like a regular  silk scarf. I leave it on then take it off before I go out. When I get frizz I just spray on my moisturizer and put the wrap on and voila! It's flat again.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2013 at 6:10pm
beautiful it looks healthy and great growth.. Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 3:06pm
*sighs* My scalp is seriously pissing me off. It isn't responding to anything I do. So last night I prepooed with Shea Moisture's Purification Masque and cononut oil and put my whole head in medium/large twists. Just now I washed it with my normal Cream of Nature scalp calming (or whatever) shampoo with a good amount of tea tree oil mixed in. I washed my hair several times until it was squeaky clean. Then I applied pure Monistat 7 to my scalp and rubbed it in. I used the One 'n Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask for my deep condish. Now I'm under the dryer. I'm gonna let my hair condition for a good 30+ minutes then rinse and follow up with the Giovanni Direct Leave In since it worked so well for my hair last time. I'll probably do a puff again this week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2013 at 3:12pm
I recently purchased Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. I just started reading it a little while ago. I seriously want to give this method a go but my scalp gets so dirty and plaqued up that I don't think it would be right to wash my hair with conditioner only. So I'm trying to get my scalp issues under control before I try it.

But I also don't want it to be a situation where the harsh surfactants are contributing to my scalp issues. It's a catch 22. Disapprove I don't think I'm gonna use my castor oil/tea tree oil/Monistat mix on my scalp between washes anymore. I get the feeling it's suffocating my scalp. I think I'll only use it as a pre-shampoo treatment and see if I notice any improvement. I'll have to figure out another way to treat my scalp between washes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
  Share Topic