BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

SweetNovember*'s Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:35pm
good luck. i'll be keeping an eye on this thread and celebrating your progress along with you! do you have a goal length in mind? 
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:19am
Originally posted by littlebabybug littlebabybug wrote:

good luck. i'll be keeping an eye on this thread and celebrating your progress along with you! do you have a goal length in mind? 

No, not really. I'm just waiting until it gets to the point that I'm comfortable enough to big chop. Last month I thought I was about to do it, but then I chickened out. When I finally do it it will probably be on a whim.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:56am
I measured my newgrowth in the middle of my head. So far it's grown exactly six inches since my last relaxer in February of last year. I will do another length check around that time to see where I stand. I think it was February 6th or something like that but I could be wrong. It shrinks to about four inches. It's not curly at all, only puffy and  crinkly. But very small waves when it is defined and pulled straight as you can see in my other pics. That's 4c right?

I believe I definitely have heat damage around my perimeter. I will post pics of it later today or tomorrow. Just from those two occasions and my hair didn't even get straight anyway smh. I will do some research to see if there's anything I can do other than chop it off.

Also I'm almost done my yarn braids. I will post pics of those soon too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:10am
Actually it shrinks to a little less than four inches. Even when relaxed my new growth was always very voluminous and thick which is what I hated about my relaxed hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 4:50am
Finished my yarn braids! They are a little below BSL. Here they are:

I plan on leaving them in for 2+ months. I'll redo the edges as necessary. I could use some advice on keep my hair moisturized and conditioned while in braids because I really don't want to waste product on the yarn which will suck up most of the product. I'm probably going to stick to cheap stuff like S-curl or homemade moisturizer sprays.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 4:59am
Onto the heat damage I told you about.

First my regular texture:

You can kinda see it is straighter at the front.

Now close up:

As you can see my hair is really thick and tight at the root. I'm guessing that's the hair that has grown since I last flat ironed my edges at the end of September. In the middle is the heat damaged hair. It is still somewhat kinky but permanently stretched. At the end is my relaxed hair which is looser still.

Is there any way I can fix this without cutting?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 4:02pm
I made a tea tree oil mix using 1/4 ounce tea tree oil and 3 3/4 ounces of castor oil. I put it in an applicator bottle to use on my scalp. I can't believe how strong the tea tree is. I can still feel a slight tingle and I applied it early this morning. I haven't moisturized my braids yet. I can't wait to put my other oils to good use.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:10pm
Your hair is so thick and pretty!!!! I'm trying to see how long I can transition this go round b4 I get tired and chop it off.. I said 2 years but I'm probably going to wait until June of this year and decide from there..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 2:45am
I'm becoming obsessed with my hair. What makes it worse is I can't observe or experiment with it while it's in these braids. I keep thinking about how it would look if I cut it right now, what texture I am, what would my puff look like, would I be a able too get it to lie flat, would I regret it, etc. I'm really trying not to think about it.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 9:17am
Your hair is very nice and thick, sweetnovember!
I love those yarn braids too.
Can't wait to see when you finally BC. (: though I think your hair looks 4b, but you won't know yet.
Just do it on your own accord, not because you feel pressured too.
My 1st go round natural I transitioned for over a year.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic