Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Sweet Brown Sues Apple For $15 Million

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sweet Brown Sues Apple For $15 Million
    Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:51pm

repost?

this article is old/from March, but I just read that she has 'trademarked' her phrase Ain't Nobody Got Time for That. I'm so glad she did that. I was trying to find if the suit had been settled; any one know?
Does she have a record deal too?

She ‘Got Time For That’: Sweet Brown Sues Apple For $15 Million

http://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/sweetbrownsweet.png

Internet sensation Sweet Brown is suing software giant Apple for profiting from her YouTube success without permission, reports Business Insider.

Sweet Brown is suing Apple, a radio program called The Bob Rivers Show, and a handful of other parties for unauthorized use of her likeness, according to court documents.

The basis of the lawsuit stems from a song called “I Got Bronchitis.” The Bob Rivers Show, according to Sweet Brown’s complaint, produced the song with samples from Wilkins’ interview with the local TV-news station. The song sampled phrases like, “Ain’t nobody got time for that,” “Ran for my life,” and “Oh, Lord Jesus it’s a fire.”

The suit claims that in April 2012, the defendants started selling the song on iTunes for profit. It also claims the radio program and its owner falsely advertised that Sweet Brown had given her consent for the radio station to use her voice and likeness in the song.

The suit was first filed in the District Court of Oklahoma County in June 2012. At that time, Wilkins sought a total of $15 million from the defendants. The suit has since moved to the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.

During interviews, Wilkins has been known to say that her real name is Sweet Brown.

In the wake of Sweet Brown’s internet success, filmmaker Tyler Perry has tapped her to star in a Madea Christmas film. She was also featured in a local dentist commercial and attended the 2013 Oscar Awards.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Jul 28 2013 at 4:53pm
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:55pm
on tv they showed all her commercials; one for Bail bondsman; car body repair; and a few others. The host said "Lord Jesus It's a Career" LOL
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:55pm
She should. Those suckers need to pay up. They used her likeness and lied?LOL Shameful lying jerkwads....
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:56pm
so her name aint Sweet BrownLOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

She should. Those suckers need to pay up. They used her likeness and lied?LOL Shameful lying jerkwads....

I agree. When she first became a sensation I was thinking that I hoped she had some kind of license to  that phrase because it was everywhere! T shirts and everything.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:57pm
I hope she wins!!  
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 4:59pm
I want her to get as much money out of this as possible lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 5:00pm
yall getting thanked today! lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 5:07pm
maybe she will win it. Apple lost another lawsuit recently for selling unlicensed stuff in the Itunes store.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2013 at 5:22pm
That's nothing for Apple...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>