Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Supreme Court Exempts Drug Companies from Lawsuits
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Supreme Court Exempts Drug Companies from Lawsuits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supreme Court Exempts Drug Companies from Lawsuits
    Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:22pm
The FDA will fail us. It'll be just like USDA meat recalls. Recalls happen weeks, if not months, after bad product has been in circulation- long after damage is done. Get ready.

Supreme Court rules Drug Companies exempt from Lawsuits

July 7, 2013. Washington. In case readers missed it with all the coverage of the Trayvon Martin murder trial and the Supreme Court’s rulings on gay marriage and the Voting Rights Act, the US Supreme Court also made a ruling on lawsuits against drug companies for fraud, mislabeling, side effects and accidental death. From now on, 80 percent of all drugs are exempt from legal liability.

Drug companies failed to warn patients that toxic epidermal necrolysis was a side effect. But the Supreme Court ruled they're still not liable for damages.

In a 5-4 vote, the US Supreme Court struck down a lower court’s ruling and award for the victim of a pharmaceutical drug’s adverse reaction. According to the victim and the state courts, the drug caused a flesh-eating side effect that left the patient permanently disfigured over most of her body. The adverse reaction was hidden by the drug maker and later forced to be included on all warning labels. But the highest court in the land ruled that the victim had no legal grounds to sue the corporation because its drugs are exempt from lawsuits.

Supreme Court Exempts Drug Companies from Lawsuits
Sponsored Links

Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:27pm
I wonder how many billion that ruling was bought for
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:32pm
It'll take years to undue the damage this Lochner era-esque conservative court is doing.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

It'll take years to undue the damage this Lochner era-esque conservative court is doing.

It's too late Tru. It'll never be undone. Far too much money in just a few hands. Legislators are bought and sold, bagged and tagged from jump street. They can't win without the money, and the money, at least for now, can't get what they want without them.
The SC isn't much better even though they are appointed for life so as to be removed from, and unaffected by, public opinion. This current SC band of bandits is akin to the racist villains who brought us Plessy v. Ferguson. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, that yt folk do in their own interests surprises me anymore.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I wonder how many billion that ruling was bought for

Excellent question. Look to K Street for the answer to that one! Of course you'll then want to dig a hole to hide yourself from the answer.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:48pm
I think it depends on whether they knew. The thing is no one really knows how bad these products and drugs are until they are released on a wide scale and used for some time. In the example in the OP they knew but they don't always know until the complaints start rolling in imo. There was a brand of tampon called Rely that was intended to be used for a whole period without being replaced. On a smaller scale during testing the small number of women probably didn't have any problems but only once millions of women started using it did patterns emerge and they realized it can cause major issues. This only happens sometimes but not usually so they can't really expect the drug makers to predict this if they do not see it during clinical trials.  But this is just my opinion because I'm not a doctor or associated with the legal or the medical field.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 10:54pm
People have to keep in mind that medical progress is made largely in part by things going wrong. All the warnings on your products? They know because it's happened to someone before. I think a lot of people were suing for stuff that the drug makers couldn't really forsee and I think that can stall medical progress as well. 

But of course I don't think companies who intentionally hide the truth should be protected.Two totally different situations.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

People have to keep in mind that medical progress is made largely in part by things going wrong. All the warnings on your products? They know because it's happened to someone before. I think a lot of people were suing for stuff that the drug makers couldn't really forsee and I think that can stall medical progress as well. 

But of course I don't think companies who intentionally hide the truth should be protected.Two totally different situations.

LOL! I smile when I read your post. You are just the kind of rational, thinking person that Big Pharma jury consultants love to choose.
Of course what you'll never be told by BP is that they've tested their drugs on thousands of people, not just the published results from US clinical trails.
LOL! They make billions. The payback is their own paranoia because they know just what they've done.

Here's an example:
Big Pharma and Drug Experiments in Under-developed Countries
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:20pm
I know they do some awful and unethical things but what I'm basically saying is that for them to learn something is dangerous someone has to suffer. Hopefully not unsuspecting Nigerian children but if not them someone else would have been the first. I'm not saying what they did was okay and I don't believe in targeting the poor or uneducated for these studies but I'm just saying in a nutshell that the reason we know which berries are safe and which ones are poisonous is because the first people who ate them got sick or died. So when someone chooses to put some newly released medication into their body hoping it will help them they can't always demonize the pharmaceutical companies if they didn't know either. But if they are intentionally doing wrong and releasing things they know not to be safe, they should 100% be held responsible.
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

LOL! I smile when I read your post. You are just the kind of rational, thinking person that Big Pharma jury consultants love to choose.
Of course what you'll never be told by BP is that they've tested their drugs on thousands of people, not just the published results from US clinical trails.
LOL! They make billions. The payback is their own paranoia because they know just what they've done.

Here's an example:
Big Pharma and Drug Experiments in Under-developed Countries

Exactly. They know about the side effects and dangers well before they hit the market. They do a cost benefit analysis and determine the profit margins will outweigh the harm done or lives lost long before someone suffers from flesh eating side effects.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic