FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

suppressing appetite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

Author
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:37pm
Now, I'm still debating whether Dr. Oz is reliable or not. But he sure can scare da schit outta you.
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I would also like to how I can reduce my appetite naturally. I am too scared to use meds and pills. I tried Hydroxycut once after a lady I know lost over 40lbs in 2 month. I thought I was having an aneurysm. Adipex....a big hell. Can anyone suggest like "tricks" or habits that actually reduce your apetite? I hate feeling hungry for too long. All by diets, including low carb and reduced calories made me feel hungry all the time. I can't be a hungry student or nurse. Cry
I think I can be a compulsive eater at times.
Off to Dr. Oz's site. Yeah, y'all can chuckle. lol!

short version:
one natural habit you may want to get into is to eat a high protein breakfast. it helps regulate your hunger and cravings for the rest of the day

long version:
if you're into low carb/paleo/primal/whatever they're calling it these days, the leptin reset may be for you
the hormone leptin is more science than most people would interested in, but if you're interested in some short reading http://www.jackkruse.com/my-leptin-prescription/

the main premise being to eat a good breakfast with at least 50g protein, eat a certain amount of carbs, and no snacking. in 6-8 weeks, your hunger is better controlled and your cravings are reduced, all by an increased sensitivity to leptin 
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I use to consume a teaspoon of ACV daily.  Caffiene works now . Consult your doctor before you try anything , especially if you have a underlying illness such as HB or DB . AVC can thin your blood . Stimulates can cause a irregular heart beat or raise your BP.

Really stimulants? I drink coffee sometimes, only because I love the way it tastes w/ hazelnut creamer, it doesn't do sht for me except make me use the bathroom a lot. I want to get adhd meds again, which I did take as a child and I know most of them are stimulants. I've never heard of them doing that, and now I'm kind of terrified.

Btw, to the suggestion of Phentermine. It works. I've never tried it but I know it does. My doctor won't prescribe it though because it can cause heart problems (and it's not like a rarity, it's pretty common)

do you have a heart problem?

and i think for coffee to be a stimulant you need to drink it black. otherwise you're adding calories. which is why ppl just take caffeine pills.

Not any that I know of, but I wouldn't want to develop one from taking it, which I've heard happen to many people.

I can't bear drink it black, it tastes so rancid. I do add a hazel creamer if I do drink it. Perhaps I'll try caffeine pills. 
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 6:05pm

do you have a heart problem?

and i think for coffee to be a stimulant you need to drink it black. otherwise you're adding calories. which is why ppl just take caffeine pills.
[/QUOTE]

Not any that I know of, but I wouldn't want to develop one from taking it, which I've heard happen to many people. (I was talking about the Phentermine, re-read this, were you talking about the adhd meds?)

I can't bear drink it black, it tastes so rancid. I do add a hazel creamer if I do drink it. Perhaps I'll try caffeine pills. 
[/QUOTE]
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 8:45pm

Whenever you're about to pig out watch this first  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVimOzqji0

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Whenever you're about to pig out watch this first  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkVimOzqji0

*sees title*

*egg-zits stage left*
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fcgriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:33pm
Hmm....I drink alot of water and I also take Nuvigil.  It's supposed to be used for those suffering with narcolepsy but I have to take it for another condition.  It um....it will keep you wide WIDE AWAKE Stern Smile but for ME it also suppresses my appetite.   This is a prescribed medication.  I can generally make it thru my day on one tablet and still be able to get to sleep at night with no issues.  No heart palpitations or whatever.....just a general feeling of alertness and no appetite.

If I can't get my meds I drink two big cups of coffee followed by insane amounts of water and that kills my appetite and any reason to snack out of boredom.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic