FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

suppressing appetite

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

Author
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

How long are y'all running?  I'm talking 5k+ lol

which is what? a little over 3 miles? nope. it doesn't make me not hungry. it can make me tired so i want to nap. or typically i am too tired to chew so all i want to do is swallow [dont be nasty] so i will have a smoothie

Yep, a little over three miles.  You are cracking me up though.  Running isn't for everyone but ignoring them hunger pangs, girl, I'm trying to tell you.....EAT when you're hungry!  Eat a small portion of something healthy.  An apple or my favorite, half an avocado..  A boiled egg.  A handful of nuts.  A sweet potato with a little butter, cinnamon and nutmeg....anything but ignore the pangs!  

there are various degrees of pangs...there's you could eat pangs and then there are you should eat NOW.  
Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:09pm
Degrees of pangs LOL Girl you're too deep for me.  I think I know what you mean though.  Like having to use the bathroom and GTFOTW I gotta go!  I'm curious is this going along with exercise?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:15pm

Degrees of pangs LOL Girl you're too deep for me.  I think I know what you mean though.  Like having to use the bathroom and GTFOTW I gotta go!  I'm curious is this going along with exercise?

yes but not a lot. tbh--if you are cutting calories you are going to be hungry esp. if you're working out. if you went from luxuriously stuffing your face, to putting yourself on a regimen, it's a lifestyle change. idk how you could never be hungry and you cannot fill every hunger pang, which is why ppl suggest water.  i often just drink tea.

the "i could eat" means i just wait until i can eat a real meal.  i also prefer to just save calories and have a real meal, rather than snacking.  i know others who prefer to snack. 

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 10:40pm
Get that Alli and some huggies......wont suppress your appetite........but you wont be eating that bs.
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunshine321511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:03am
As an "old" lady I'd just say to my younger sister, be mindful...I've used pills in my young 20's and they work for a while and then stop.  THe best way is with good natural foods, portion control, low carbing and patience.  Anything easily achieved is easily lost.  I lost weight quick years ago...and guess what...cause I never learned how to correctly eat....5-6 years later...all the weight was BACK. dont make my mistakes, learn how to correctly eat. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:06am

drink black coffee
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 10:13am
some of us had to use appetite suppressants to re-learn (or unlearn what america teaches) what portion control and "eating correctly" mean
suppressing appetite does not automatically equal quick losses or starvation.

let's throw these judgmental misconceptions out the window
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 11:56am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

drink black coffee

I just can't do it, I have bought cute cups to sip from and I still can't take the taste.Maybe I'm not dedicated enough,I will try again today.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

As an "old" lady I'd just say to my younger sister, be mindful...I've used pills in my young 20's and they work for a while and then stop.  THe best way is with good natural foods, portion control, low carbing and patience.  Anything easily achieved is easily lost.  I lost weight quick years ago...and guess what...cause I never learned how to correctly eat....5-6 years later...all the weight was BACK. dont make my mistakes, learn how to correctly eat. 

So now that you know, are you eating correctly now? And did the weight come back off again?
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:21pm
I would also like to how I can reduce my appetite naturally. I am too scared to use meds and pills. I tried Hydroxycut once after a lady I know lost over 40lbs in 2 month. I thought I was having an aneurysm. Adipex....a big hell. Can anyone suggest like "tricks" or habits that actually reduce your apetite? I hate feeling hungry for too long. All by diets, including low carb and reduced calories made me feel hungry all the time. I can't be a hungry student or nurse. Cry
I think I can be a compulsive eater at times.
Off to Dr. Oz's site. Yeah, y'all can chuckle. lol!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic