Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Supplements for teen hair growth?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bubblybabyblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bubblybabyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supplements for teen hair growth?
    Posted: Aug 24 2015 at 9:56am
I'm 17 and I've been natural since about 9th grade. My hair has been growing, but not as much as I'd like, so I was wondering if teens should use supplements to help their hair grow? If so, what supplements? Also, if you used them, can you tell me whether they worked for you or not? Thank you!
Sponsored Links

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2015 at 2:58pm
are you taking a multivitamin? that can help because you need vitamin A for hair growth
if biotin isn't on your multivitamin, get a bottle at target.  but start low, like 1,000mcg

are you using anything externally for hair growth, such as castor oil?
you could try to do the inversion technique for 7 days once a month to get some extra growth:
1 inch in 1 week challenge
Bubblybabyblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bubblybabyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2015 at 5:54pm
Should I still take the biotin supplement if my multivitamin says 45 mcg? Also, I use black castor oil, but mainly for my edges. I'll look into the 1 inch in 1 week challenge and see if it works for me :)
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2015 at 7:02pm
Some people have experienced a lot of acne or facial hair due to taking biotin. If you are prone to acne, maybe wait until you are past your teenager years to give it a try.

Your multivitamin has a very low dosage of biotin by the way.

There's a thread about oiling your scalp daily, and you could try that one too. Some people use sulfur on their scalp. There's a member here who sells her hair growth product made with sulfur, but it kinda stinks, so if you don't wash your hair daily, it might be a burden for you.

She has a page on youtube with her results from using it, and her facebook page also has some pics. Look up njoy: http://njoyessentials.com/njoys-long-healthy-hair-growth-oil/
oklodhi1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oklodhi1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2016 at 12:53am
I think with biotin you need to take lots of water otherwise you skin starts to break. The problem with teens is that they already need lots of water to keep the acne under control. It is not possible to drink so much water to address both problems so it might be best to delay the use of biotin until the acne starts to subside.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic