Extensions Plus

Forum LockedSulfur 8 Grease...NO!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Greetings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sulfur 8 Grease...NO!!!!!
    Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 9:09am
I've heard the ranting about the Sulfur 8 grease (in the light blue jar), so I went to the local BSS to buy a bottle. Well, the first 2 ingredients I noticed were petrolatum and mineral oil. I put the jar down and left.

Are those 2 ingredients the demons in the jar that are cautioned to stay away from?
Sponsored Links

babytaz369 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 10:10am
I love this stuff!!! Mixed with MN it makes my hair grow like wild flowers!!!Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up  At this point I dont care whats in it.LOLLOL
smartpegs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 10:28am

Yeah i noticed that also.  I was told that if you use products like this, you must cleanse your scalp on a regular basis to avoid clogging.  Ive been using this mixture, and im loving it so far.  I love the tingling sensation as well. 

Greetings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 10:30am
^ Hi ladies!!!

That's why I'm so very confused LOL. It's a contradiction in terms I guess...stay away from A, but certain products that consist of ingredient A work well.

I give up. This is just too confusing. I'm sticking to the friggin sulfur powder LOL! But LOURDY that Sulfur 8 grease would be so much easier to use!!!
Greetings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 10:32am
Originally posted by smartpegs smartpegs wrote:

Yeah i noticed that also.  I was told that if you use products like this, you must cleanse your scalp on a regular basis to avoid clogging.  Ive been using this mixture, and im loving it so far.  I love the tingling sensation as well. 

Well I guess there is hope yet...BUT...I CO-WASH weekly. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong, I probably amConfused) co-washing does not really clean the scalp...it conditions the hair. Well, I gues si could clean the scalp if you rub vigorously enough.

SEE! Just confusion. I give to hell up LOL.
Charmtreese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 11:21am

My hair does not mind things like petroleum, mineral oil and silcone as a part of my regular routine as long as Im not just cakeing this stuff in and wash on the regular basis.  However, if im on a low poo regimen I would stay away from these things as if they were a plague.

mrs.joesepi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 11:30am
My hair is like Charmtreese. My hair does fine with those products. Ive been using Sulfur 8 for about 2 months now and my hair has been growing like weeds. lol I do wash weekly though and dc over night. So far, no clogged pores here. Wink
ticklepink View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 11:39am
 The thing is that all these taboo products that YOU SHOULD NOT USE ON YOUR HAIR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTACESShockedShockedShocked

#1 Have never outlined a serious problem with using these products. Even though I am a supporter of Cathy Howse and gave up grease for her I went back and read her book again carefully and all she says is that there is no need to grease the scalp aka: its a waste of your time because the scalp lubricates itself and she says it may clog pores if you get build up. So its more about time wasting.
 The only thing about petroleum I found on the net was that it attracts dirt which is a bit moot for me as I use oils (Castor/coconut) on my hair already which attracts dustSleepy

#2 Its funny that many Black women recall having healthy long hair in their younger years (before relaxer and appliances) despite the fact that their parents used to grease their scalps with pertroleum based products.

Its up to u what to do, I dont use grease often but I have recently with sulphur mix and I used it to seal my moisturiser on my ends

Greetings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 11:48am
^ I agree. It's all about what works for some, may NOT work for others. The 'taboo' products go around in circlees. One week...use this..t.he next week..DONT use this LOL!

I'm a firm believer that less is more. I apply 4 things to my head (5 including water)...

1. Scalp revitalizer
2. Leave in conditioner
3. MN
4. Sulfur powder

I'd love to experiment, but I just don't have what it takes to do so. I'm not a fan of grease (tell that to my shirt collars and necklaces Angry ), so I'll just stick with what I know. Less is more.

Imsopretty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2007 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Bless Bless wrote:

I've heard the ranting about the Sulfur 8 grease (in the light blue jar), so I went to the local BSS to buy a bottle. Well, the first 2 ingredients I noticed were petrolatum and mineral oil. I put the jar down and left.

Are those 2 ingredients the demons in the jar that are cautioned to stay away from?

thats why I dont use it, try some evoo, some castor oil sulfer and a couple of drops of peppermint oil. thats alot better for your scalp. the petroleum and mineral oil make Sulfer 8  super greasy Dead plus you never know how much sulfers really in it. making yours just better IMO

Edited by Imsopretty - Aug 14 2007 at 9:57pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic