Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

suicide

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.38  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

HD how are you this morning?

The problem with depression is....it never quite ...goes away...
I still battle with it, but its bearable...it doesnt consume me every living waking moment like in the past
having ...an anchor (campfire), has given me something to live for.
I cant even fathom not being here for her.

hearing people tell someone with depression to "cheer up" makes me sooo angry
And especially in our society...to be depressed is to be "weak" and to "LET things get you down".

and this is why i just shook my head and exited when i saw "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem." for some of us, no, it really isn't temporary. But yes, it is something you can live with
Sponsored Links

ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Cry that was sweet ragin!

Gurl that's real life.
Now you see why my edges are going awol on me!
Matter of fact, let me commence to ordering some Jamaican Black Castor Oil right now!!!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by exoticmami06 exoticmami06 wrote:

I think about it from time to time. What stops me is my son.

If keeping your mind on him is what it takes...do it.
And realize your worth.
Believe me, your little boy is nuts about you.
Don't leave him to the wolves of this world.
And not to preach at you, or anybody else, but God has helped me turn many a corner. I give Him all the credit for bringing me to the place I am today.

I love my black peepholes!!
Keep your head up.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Aawww ragin, i LOVE things like that. In high school it was the black/haitiwn teachers that. Kicked my ass to get by.

Lotta love behind a good azz kickin
So glad you feel better.
Next time the storm comes, 'cause they always come, remember that all you have to do is reach out. Virtually or locally- reach for someone HD.
Reach.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Cry that was sweet ragin!

Gurl that's real life.
Now you see why my edges are going awol on me!
Matter of fact, let me commence to ordering some Jamaican Black Castor Oil right now!!!!
LOL Girl I just finished rubbing my sulfur&BCO in my head rite nah...LOL
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 8:12am
Jewels you are knocking me out with that Martin avi!

Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 10:42am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

<font ="Apple-style-span" color="#996600">HD how are you this morning?

<font ="Apple-style-span" color="#996600">I still battle with it, but its bearable...it doesnt consume me every living waking moment like in the past
<font ="Apple-style-span" color="#996600">having ...an anchor (campfire), has given me something to live for.
<font ="Apple-style-span" color="#996600">I cant even fathom not being here for her.

hearing people tell someone with depression to "cheer up" makes me sooo angry
And especially in our society...to be depressed is to be "weak" and to "LET things get you down".

and this is why i just shook my head and exited when i saw "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem." for some of us, no, it really isn't temporary. But yes, it is something you can live with

This!

I rarely participate in these types of convos but I came in here to see how HD was doing and I'm glad to see her doing better but I am sad bc I wasn't expecting to relate to as many people that have posted in this thread. I have suffered from depression since I was in my teens. Depression never really goes away. I just have bouts of depression that are less severe than others. Right now I am having a few good days and really trying to keep my head above water.

In my severe bouts of depression I have contemplated killing myself but never could go through with it. My mother suffered from depression and my sister sufferd as well. I feel like I was genetically predisposed to it because I have a family history of mental illness. I have also had a lot happen to me in the past few years. That is why I hate sometimes when people who have no idea how it feels to tell someone to cheer up and life isn't half bad. I know it doesn't come from a place of malice but sometimes I just want to scream! I don't want to be like this but sometimes I get tired of fighting to stay above water.

Fighting against depression is always an uphill battle for me. My battles are easier some days than others. I have decided to see a therapist or a psychologist to see if there is a better way to deal with this. I have amazing mental health benefits which I need to use. I don't like feeling this way but it's like I have no control over it either.

HD, I am glad that you are feeling better. I have felt like I serve no purpose here on earth. I know what you felt like. Just know that you have purpose and you are loved. My mom used to say that trouble don't last always..
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:04am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

funny the two of you should mention. i was having this exact convo with a friend of mine. for as long as he could remember, he hasn't wanted to be here. he's even followed through and almost succeeded, but was found.  he feels that this world is fleeting and that he's ready for the next level/plane of existence. 

the way he explains it, he's not so much as depressed as he is tired-- a facet (if you will) of depression. it's an underling feeling playing in the background that just never goes away. he can't stop it, he can only hope to contain it. some days are (much) better than others.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 11:35am
HD, I'm glad you found a place to volunteer, that's a great first step!

Do you have your next step lined up? I know you said you're interested in support groups, that's a great idea. You might check some local universities in both the counseling dept and the psychology dept and see if they have groups or free therapy. I think individual therapy is a great option too. If you don't have insurance, it might take a little digging, but a lot of private psychologists have interns working for them who will offer free services, or if you're low income there are community agencies Thumbs Up

I always come into these threads talking about medication, and I don't want to make it seem like the end-all-be all.. but if this is something you've been struggling with for awhile, and it's not a situational-type of depression, you might need really want to consider seeing a psychiatrist  to discuss medication. They can help your mind adjust well enough to benefit even more from the therapy, volunteering etc.

And save that hotline # in your phone!

Keep yourself busy. Not in an overwhelming way, but I've seen people who stay in their homes, shades closed, nothing to do during the day, end up in a much worse place than the ones who look for healthy outlets in their journey to get well.

Heart

eta: yall have a lot of amazing stories. Rajin, I loved yours

Edited by Lite Brite - Jan 25 2014 at 11:37am
Faithfully2002 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faithfully2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 5:52pm
Yes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System