Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Suffer from Depression? "F*ck You, Kill Yourself!"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Suffer from Depression? "F*ck You, Kill Yourself!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suffer from Depression? "F*ck You, Kill Yourself!"
    Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 5:46am
-you-kill-y" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.buzzfeed.com/kimberleydadds/kiss-gene-simmons-tells-depression-sufferers--you-kill-y

Kiss’ Gene Simmons Tells Depression Sufferers: “ You, Kill Yourself”

The rock star’s comments in conversation with Songfacts have caused outrage.posted on Aug. 15, 2014, at 12:38 p.m.

Kimberley DaddsBuzzFeed Staff

Gene Simmons has infuriated a lot of people after an interview revealing his thoughts about depression and suicide emerged.

Gene Simmons has infuriated a lot of people after an interview revealing his thoughts about depression and suicide emerged.

Alex Gallardo / Reuters

Last month the rocker told Songfacts.com:

For a putz 20-year-old kid to say, ‘I’m depressed. I live in Seattle.’ you, then kill yourself. I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I’m the guy who says ‘Jump’ when there’s a guy on top of a building who says, ‘That’s it, I can’t take it anymore. I’m going to jump.’ Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the up, have some dignity and jump! You’ve got the crowd.

“By the way, you walk up to the same guy on a ledge who threatens to jump and put a gun to his head, ‘I’m going to blow your *&%^$#@Ein’ head off.’ He’ll go, ‘Please don’t.’ It’s true. He’s not that insane.”

The comments are particularly poignant this week, coming so soon after the death of Robin Williams, who was suffering from depression at the time of his death.

The comments are particularly poignant this week, coming so soon after the death of Robin Williams , who was suffering from depression at the time of his death.

Fred Prouser / Reuters

Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 7:59am
sucks but thats just how some folks feel. i know a few that are the same. sucks tho you never know if someone is bluffin or not. smh. lol who listens to gene "the demon" anyways?

he looks like death in that pic smh.

nikki six Heart
tis all.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 8:14am
Wow. Thank you Chaim Weitz, aka Gene Simmons.
Depression can be all encompassing. Just terrible.
Your mind is just as disgusting as your face.

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 9:23am
My ex is like this, a commercial came on about a documentary where people jumped off of the Golden Gate Bridge. This sadistic MFer laughed and said that it was good that they jumped. I tried to explain to him the depths of depression because I have been through it and he didn't want to listen.

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 9:44am
A lot of immigrant parents are like this, though. Not as radical, but they truly feel as if depression is a Western ailment. My friends and I were just talking about this last year. While I think it's a very real disease, they contest that twe come from countries where people make in one year what the average minimum wage worker makes in a week, and yet depression does not seem (we don't have any actual numbers) to be as rampant.

K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 9:52am
I can't bring myself to care enough about him or what he said to be enraged..He can feel how he feels..I ain't checking for this yt.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

A lot of immigrant parents are like this, though. Not as radical, but they truly feel as if depression is a Western ailment. My friends and I were just talking about this last year. While I think it's a very real disease, they contest that twe come from countries where people make in one year what the average minimum wage worker makes in a week, and yet depression does not seem (we don't have any actual numbers) to be as rampant.

Lots of black southern folk feel like this too
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 10:29am
His brain is probably permanently screwed from all the drug use. Or he's old & senile. Either way, who cares what he thinks.
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 10:52am
well when everybody starts claiming being depressed it does get kinda annoying....the real depressed people dont announce it tho, they just go ahead and do what they feel they have to
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 11:12am
People truly do not understand depression
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic