Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

SUDDEN SEVERE LATEX ALLERGIC REACTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUDDEN SEVERE LATEX ALLERGIC REACTION
    Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 6:01am

PLEASE HELP ME??

I have apparently developed a sudden allergy to the latex bonding glue.  I have worn wefts for over 10 yrs for volume as i have graves disease and my hair is falling out.  Never had any porblems and yes i do appy the glue direct to scalp.  i feel like a newbie now after discovering this forum during a search for help..i had NO clue there were so many options out there so i am BEGGING some of you experienced hair experts to advise and help me.  et me apologize right now in advance if im posting wrong or if i offend anyone.  there was a chatter box up on yahoo answers who said you all wont let me use your forum, so im afraid of getting kicked off.
Background info on me and my problem:  im a white girl and w natural strawberry blonde hair, very coarse n frizzy texture, i have graves disease andhair fall from that so as stated i wear some wefts, usually abt 3, my own length is abt 20/22..depends on how straight i can make it.  i bleach and color often coz i get bored w my own.  i broke out in severe hives abt 2 mos ago, rushed to er, was dx'd w RIGWORM but they did NOT tell me that..they TOLD ME it was allergic reaction to just for men beard color i put on my then hookup even tho i didnt get it on my skin the fact that there was physical contact and shared bedding etc made me absorb it w my thin skin from the graves..steroid shot and hydroxizine (sp?) script given....temporary ahhh relief.  fast fwd to 2 weeks ago:  i woke up w eyes swollen shut and face all puffed up.  er visit round 2, NOW the doc says its ringworm and that that is what the first doc wrote in my chart!!!!!!!!!!  ok so fix it!!! ive wprked animal rescue so had ringworm, scabies all tht icky crap before but never ever anything in my head!!!!  more steroids and ketoconazole poo...w recommendation to follow up w my own doc...ahhhhh relief again..during the wait to get an appt w my doc, i ran to a local bss and bought tons of tea tree and sulfur products for more relief from the itching coz online i found that those products kill the fungus.  i finally get into my doc...by this time i have these HUGE boils which ive clawed open and it looks like 2nd degree chemical burn on my neck and face..im talkin huge cracks in my skin and blood and pus all thru it to the point i had to SHAVE off even more of  my own hair coz i cant get it washed out, i am peeling like a snake shedding...and she says NO ITS NOT FUNGUS AT ALL and back to allergic reaction...but says its not the glue if ive worn for years.  more steroids and hydroxiwhatchcallit..script antihistamine.  NOW it clears up...and then TODAY im broke out all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just bought new bss hair and i can take it out but i CANT afford to throw it away so i need you all to tell me if im right n doc is wrong abt it bein latex allergy?  and how on earth can i save my hair..both my own and my bss stuff?  i will post pics if you need and you wont be cruel.  i HATE steroids as they make me a weepy bitchy mess and make me gain weight..try 15lbs in week n a half!!!!  i hit 120 this past week and depression is setting in.  im now hiding in my home and only goin out to get must haves and wearing huge hoodies and shades.  PLEASE PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME OUT?  What glue can b put on my scalp?  i tried that liquid gold and it ruined my countertops finish, ive used super glue, fingernail glue and gorilla glue even got hold of some surgical glue from when i busted my head open.  what is a scalp protector and how do i use that?  What is in the tape i see you talk abt?  im on a super tight budget as im on disability due to the severity of the graves disease.  Im sorry im babbling here, i just have so many things to learn and again im feelin newb coz i thought bss hair n latex bond was all the options i had.  well i knew abt the u tips n tried that once but it broke my hair off.  TIA TIA TIA  
                                                       ~KRIKKIT~
Sponsored Links

MsLowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 9:29am
It absolutely could be a latex allergy as the doctor has said or it could be an allergy to the hair. Our bodies are always changing and and developing new allergies. Do you wash the hair before you put it in? Nail, superglue and gorilla glue should never be put on your hair. Tape ins are a great method for thin hair. It doesn't go on your scalp but still easy to do. Do some research on it. Maybe switch to wigs or blending caps
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 10:05am

thank u, yes i wash the hair, the dr told me it isnt the latex coz ive worn for so long..i disagree w her. and tape ins wont work if it wont go on the scalp.  i need something thats safe to attach directly onto the scalp

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 10:25am
Have you tried wearing clip ins instead bonding glue. It is very possible to develop allergies over time.
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 10:58am
im sorry and thank you for replying but i guess i didnt make my original description clear enough...with the graves disease caused hair loss i have, my own hair has lost over half its volume.  what i have left is very long BUT is very very patchy and very very thin.  there is not enough of it in any one area to attach anything to.  i have no choice but to attach directly to my scalp to cover the damaged areas.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:05am
would you be willing to wear a full lace wig? I can't think of many other options with the other circumstances you have. 
nikki1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:22am
i would try that, have looked at some but do they all have to be glued on?...wondering if the bonding stuff used on those would work on my extensions?  or if a protective shield is whats needed?  have been online for hours researching.  never knew finding a bonding glue w no latex would b so hard to do..thanx for reply
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:37am
Glueless lace wigs is also an option.
MsLowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsLowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 11:47am
I think it's time to move on to wigs or blending systems.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2014 at 12:06pm
You can use tape to secure the hairline, or the glueless option like the other poster suggested. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic