Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Subway Sued for Deception Over Stingy Sandwiches
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Subway Sued for Deception Over Stingy Sandwiches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subway Sued for Deception Over Stingy Sandwiches
    Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:10am
Repost?

Im sorry butConfusedLOLMaybe we should get in on the suitLOL

Give ’em an inch, they’ll take a mile; don’t give ’em an inch, they’ll take you to court.

A mere week after an irate Australian customer posted a photo on Subway’s Facebook page of one of its alleged “Footlongs” coming in at just 11 inches, two New Jersey men have filed suit against the mega fast-food chain for deception.

You knew this would happen, right?

The lawyer for the plaintiffs, Stephen DeNittis, claims that he’s had sandwiches from 17 Subway stores measured, and none of them reached the 12-inch mark. He’s also seeking class-action status for the suit, which was filed by John Farley of Evesham, NJ, and Charles Noah Pendrack of Ocean City, NJ, reports ABC News.

We’re guessing it’s not going to be too hard to find plaintiffs who have ever ordered a “Footlong.”

Making matters worse, Subway seems to have completely bumbled its response to a collective outrage that appears to be growing by the tweet. At first there was some cockamamie explanation about bread shrinking when it’s baked, then Subway’s Australian subsidiary posted this on its own Facebook page, according to ABC: “‘SUBWAY FOOTLONG’ is a registered trademark as a descriptive name for the sub sold in Subway Restaurants and not intended to be a measurement of length.”

Needless to say, that sterling example of corporate equivocation was taken down almost as soon as it went up.

The New York Post conducted its own “investigation” (there’s one for the Pulitzer Prize committee to consider). It found that “four out of seven Footlongs—purchased at Subway locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens—measured only 11 or 11.5 inches.” An anonymous franchise owner tells the paper that the amount of meat on the subs has also shrunk by 25 percent in the past few months, owing to rising costs.

Admittedly, Subway did kind of box itself in by proudly offering “Five-Dollar Footlongs!” You can’t up the price or shrink the size; “$5.29 11-Inchers!” doesn’t exactly have the same ring to it.

Edited by Guidette - Jan 28 2013 at 8:12am
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (19) Thanks(19)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:13am
i hate how stingy they are with the meat and condiments. I hate chipotle too. I always gotta tell them to put more meat and cheese in my bowl.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:15am
Their chicken tastes processed.  I stopped eating there.  Oh and I hated how they would only give me one napkin lol.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:16am
I wouldn't eat from subway for free.... that being said, lawsuits are getting out of control...
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:17am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

i hate how stingy they are with the meat and condiments. I hate chipotle too. I always gotta tell them to put more meat and cheese in my bowl.

Yes and the veggies  too........ I like mine only with mayo lettuce pickles olives and oil and vinegar and that act like it kills them to put extra on it Angry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:22am
I mean the place smells so foul, I dont know how people can stand to eat what is produced in there...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Their chicken tastes processed.  I stopped eating there.  Oh and I hated how they would only give me one napkin lol.

Subway's chicken sandwich is a white sponge on a bun

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?  If you believe the Judeo-Christian story of creation found in the book of Genesis the answer is simple: the chicken.  God spoke, and bam!  Plump juicy chicken.  He then observed His creation and said that it was "good."  I however have not been so fortunate.

Not long ago, here in San Diego, I ordered the Oven Roasted Chicken sandwich from fast-food giant Subway, and saw that it was not good, because what they called chicken looked more like a white sponge on a bun.  I was shocked, realizing that this was not what God intended chicken to be.

I was scared - seriously debating whether I should eat my $5 Foot-long special or not.  "Maybe I should have bought a more expensive sandwich?"  I pondered worriedly. With fear and trepedation I tried not to think too much about it, yet I cringed while proceeding with my lunch, telling myself: "I hope I'll be alright. I hope I don't get sick or regret this.  No one should have to eat chicken like this, if in fact it is chicken."

This was truly an unusual experience.  I am typically not afraid of what I consume.  I am a health-conscious intelligent man, yet there I was - literally fearful of a chicken sandwich. Chicken of chicken!

I had every right to be.  And dare I say, you do too.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Skeletal_muscle.pngKeep in mind that what we are really talking about when we talk about meat is muscle. Chicken meat = Chicken muscle.  The drawing on the right depicts a portion of skeletal muscle.  As you can see, a piece of meat should be made up of many individual strands of muscle fiber (4) packed firmly together.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ben112.JPGMuscle fibers stretch and contract in order to move various body parts.  The more those fibers stretch and contract the healthier they are.  Walk, run, push, pull and your muscles get lean and strong.  Fat is used for energy.  Oxygen is transported throughout your blood stream.  The more strenuous the exercise, the bigger and stronger the muscle fibers get.

You would think that Subway, the #1 Franchise in America, the "Most Trusted Brand by Consumers,"  and the #1 Provider of Healthy Options in Zagat's 2009 Fast-Food Restaurants Survey, who proudly promotes itself as a healthy alternative in the world of fast-food would serve it's customers healthy meat from healthy chicken.   But do they?

Take a look at the following photos of an actual Oven Roasted Chicken sandwich from Subway.  Notice how the Subway meat, which the company advertises as "A tender, boneless chicken patty roasted to perfection" resembles a massive hunk of white sponge.  I cut the patty open so you see the inside.

Now take a look at a photo from a chicken dinner I enjoyed at home.  This chicken was labeled "organic".   These "free range" chickens are raised au naturale the way God intended it to be.  Notice the difference?  You can actually see the individual muscle fibers which seperate easily.  And yes, the difference in taste and texture was dramatic!

I decided to do some online research where I discovered that chickens raised to be eaten are called "broilers."  (click here for info. and videos from GoVeg.com)  These chickens are raised in terribly crowded conditions, plumped up with growth-inducing hormones in order to maximize profits, which are surprisingly low for those who raise them.  These drugged up chickens do not get the fresh air and exercise they need.  Some develop tumors, congestive heart failure, and other physical ailments.  Is that the kind of chicken you want to eat? 

All of them are forced to mature beyond their age so that they can be quickly slaughtered for easy consumption.  This allows fast food restaurants like Subway to expand to every corner of the earth, selling the exact same chicken-sponges in each of their 32,808 restaurants in 91 countries.   

So thanks to unwary customers who don't really care what real chicken meat is supposed to look and taste like, Subway is able to crank out their sandwiches en masse quicker than you can say "Help me Jared!  I have alektorophobia!"

I don't know about you, but from now on, I am willing to eat less chicken, and pay more for good quality meat, so I can at least feel good about what I am putting into my body.  If "you are what you eat," I do not want to be white and spongy.  I do not want to develop cancerous tumors or congestive heart failure.  And I no longer want to be afraid or unaware of what I eat.

Edited by JamCaygirl - Jan 28 2013 at 8:31am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:38am
man.. white ppl are always quick and smart with the lawsuits

i remember my friend measuring a footlong over a year ago and realizing that it wasnt really a foot.. 
she could have had that money 

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:13am
Subways owned by Indians are disgusting , actually all franchises purchased by Indians wind up disgusting except for dunkin doughnuts. Call me racist if you want my greedy ass did a study.

As for the article, yes, they should be sued for false advertisement until they add a disclaimer.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:18am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Subways owned by Indians are disgusting , actually all franchises purchased by Indians wind up disgusting except for dunkin doughnuts. Call me racist if you want my greedy ass did a study.

As for the article, yes, they should be sued for false advertisement until they add a disclaimer.

Lmao!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System