Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Stylist in Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

Bootiful Cream

Author
MooDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MooDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 1:30pm
bump bump bump...good info, just need more ppl who are already situated in NOLA and can work with closures
Sponsored Links

iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 12:52pm
http://www.latonya4hair.com/id51.html
I've never been to this woman.
I came across her on IG and she does lace closures.
Here's an example of her work.
You can view more on her instagram @glamsuitesalon

Like i said i've never been to her personally so i cannot vouch for her quality.
scox89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote scox89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by dutchess24 dutchess24 wrote:

Man please...I just cannot trust a New Orleans area stylist with a sew-in AND/OR layered cutting with a razor. They tend to be about 2-4 years behind ATL stylists as far as techniques go. It is VERY humid in N.O. area and they specialize in hard hair styles...feathery styles a la Kim K. just don't hold up well there. 

It is what it is, now curly weave/wavy weave may be better but from my experience, the average stylist in N.O. doesn't know how to cut type 2 or type 3 weaves either...they usually cut it DRY and you leave with "box hair".LOL

I lived there for 7 years, so trust me on this...I haven't seen any pics of these ladies' y'all mentioned work but on the whole...hell no for that state/area. It just gets worse the farther north you go. Ouch

I would break the bank and go to Ingrid in Baton Rouge for sure...or even drive to Houston if necessary, ATL depending on how I feel. 

MMM... I'm a new orleans native born and raised... i'd like to politely give you a chair.
Obviously you haven't been around much. hard styles have been outdated..... ratchetness is still rampant, but there are quality stylist in new orleans and in the surrounding areas.... tis all
ChaiNO11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiNO11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 3:58pm
Where at in Houston?! lol I been living here for 3 years and I'm still looking for a good stylist!

I'm from New Orleans and I know for a fact that there are some great stylists out there. They all don't do hard styles believe me! We been stop rocking those. I haven't had a hard style since 1992 when everyone was rocking stacks! LOL But no really I can get my hair done in New Orleans and my flat iron style would last for a week! Here, as soon as I walk out the door after getting it fixed then to my house my hair will be a puffy mess. Sew In too! I guess it takes time and sacrifice to find a great stylist no matter where you're at. I'm still waiting out here for a good stylist!!! Cry

Dana Chanel and Shae Michelle all do great work in New Orleans. My old stylist at N 2 Hair Salon on Broad St. love her!! Wish I can find someone out here that can flat iron and sew in like back home!!
ChaiNO11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChaiNO11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by dutchess24 dutchess24 wrote:

Man please...I just cannot trust a New Orleans area stylist with a sew-in AND/OR layered cutting with a razor. They tend to be about 2-4 years behind ATL stylists as far as techniques go. It is VERY humid in N.O. area and they specialize in hard hair styles...feathery styles a la Kim K. just don't hold up well there. 

It is what it is, now curly weave/wavy weave may be better but from my experience, the average stylist in N.O. doesn't know how to cut type 2 or type 3 weaves either...they usually cut it DRY and you leave with "box hair".LOL

I lived there for 7 years, so trust me on this...I haven't seen any pics of these ladies' y'all mentioned work but on the whole...hell no for that state/area. It just gets worse the farther north you go. Ouch

I would break the bank and go to Ingrid in Baton Rouge for sure...or even drive to Houston if necessary, ATL depending on how I feel. 

Where at in Houston?! lol I been living here for 3 years and I'm still looking for a good stylist!
I'm from New Orleans and I know for a fact that there are some great stylists out there. They all don't do hard styles believe me! We been stop rocking those. I haven't had a hard style since 1992 when everyone was rocking stacks! LOL But no really I can get my hair done in New Orleans and my flat iron style would last for a week! Here, as soon as I walk out the door after getting it fixed then to my house my hair will be a puffy mess. Sew In too! I guess it takes time and sacrifice to find a great stylist no matter where you're at. I'm still waiting out here for a good stylist!!! Cry
Dana Chanel and Shae Michelle all do great work in New Orleans. My old stylist at N 2 Hair Salon on Broad St. love her!! Wish I can find someone out here that can flat iron and sew in like back home!!
coolnerd67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolnerd67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

http://www.latonya4hair.com/id51. - http://www.latonya4hair.com/id51.html
I've never been to this woman.
I came across her on IG and she does lace closures.
Here's an example of her work.
You can view more on her instagram @glamsuitesalon

Like i said i've never been to her personally so i cannot vouch for her quality.

yeah i can vouch for latonya. I went to her last summer to install a weave and she is amazing! definitely was the best weave i've gotten yet...if anyone wants more information, feel free to contact me.
jayo2515 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayo2515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2014 at 4:36pm
any wigmakers in the b.r./n.o. area?
Isabela_Brazil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabela_Brazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:14pm
pls explain me how she does that technique
Isabela_Brazil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isabela_Brazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:15pm
woman, I will never go to your salon because I am in Brazil. But one day I will discover your secret for my own pleasure lol
I have been following you.......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567