Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Study:Even Poor Whites Have It Better Than Blacks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Study:Even Poor Whites Have It Better Than Blacks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I like studies. Especially when they're acedemic/government studies and use the right procedures. 
However, wayy too often Journalists and reporters will take the study and draw the wrong conclusion from it, or misrepresent the statistics in the study.  And then the average idiot reads the article and thinks they're an expert on the subject now.

wow, this post came off aggressive.

that is the problem

journalists ruin studies

and it is hard to get access to the actual study if you are not student or professor

plus many don't even bother to google and find the original study article anyway

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 10 2014 at 10:55am
Sponsored Links

fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:56am
we need an economic base and more black owned businesses so we can employ our own people and keep circulating the money in our community.

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:59am
ummmm this has always been the case since the inception of this country . holla at me with a study that's proves opposite of historical reality....
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:59am
We don't even read the terribly written articles. Cry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:00am
oh and I only read the title...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:02am

well that's my point TC (you only reading the title lol)

why would a study need to prove otherwise?

proving what we know is fine

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 10 2014 at 11:02am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:06am
If you have the numbers and data then you have a strong case and even more so peer reviewed then your data can change lives. But words alone are not enough.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol...i guess some need proof of what is obvious and what has already been proven time and time again historically...i guess. me... i'd much rather resources be spent on more forward thinking endeavors...
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:13am
We won't know what those forward thinking endeavors are until we can quantify exactly what is going on.  
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol...i guess some need proof of what is obvious and what has already been proven time and time again historically...i guess. me... i'd much rather resources be spent on more forward thinking endeavors...

Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

If you have the numbers and data then you have a strong case and even more so peer reviewed then your data can change lives. But words alone are not enough.

multiple studies proving there is a problem can a be catalyst for social programs that can change lives/communities

evaluating programs that already exist and proving they work helps keep those programs going and gets them more funding/secures their funding

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jul 10 2014 at 11:15am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>