Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Study: Spanking hurts kids in the long run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 9:15am
When you speed or run a stop sign, you get a ticket.

If you run a stop sign and cause an accident that kills someone, you go to prison.

If you knock a plate off a table cuz you don't wanna eat your lima beans, you get sent to your room with no dinner.

If on your way out, you pick that plate up and throw it at your brothers head cuz he said you shoulda just ate the beans, you get an ass whooping.
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

If you run a stop sign and cause an accident that kills someone, you go to prison.

If you knock a plate off a table cuz you don't wanna eat your lima beans, you get sent to your room with no dinner.

If on your way out, you pick that plate up and throw it at your brothers head cuz he said you shoulda just ate the beans, you get an ass whooping.

+ brother gets a "warning" about teasing.  He immediately goes and teases brother about said ass whooping and.....Cry
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 9:29am
Nah, brother was much younger. He got a 'boy hursh' and hurshed and ate his beans.

This did not happen to in the Face household by the way [PurpleHaze] It was a friend's friend's cousin. [/PH]

Edited by FarraFace - Oct 25 2013 at 9:30am
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 10:15am

There's always that sibling that always gotta say something. LOLLOLLOLLOL

herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:39am
Not spanking my son has worked for me but I don't judge parents especially after my niece came into the world. That thang there...whew lawd I can think of se ve ral names more fitting than the one on her birth certificate.

My son and I talked day one about consequences and he understood that if he broke a rule he would be punished. s he got older I no longer had to ask if he understood why he couldn't have his friends over, play his game etc. I have made my son wear a uniform to school for bad grades, miss basketball practice and no pizza for awhile.

I got creative but I didn't have to punish him often because he never wants to disappoint me. I told him he disappointed me once and he and I both were crying. He is a good kid I always told him that he was smart enough to understand what I mean withhout me putting my hands on him. He's perfect though so...
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

Not spanking my son has worked for me but I don't judge parents especially after my niece came into the world. That thang there...whew lawd I can think of se ve ral names more fitting than the one on her birth certificate.

Dead
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 11:49am
That thang there, tho?? lmao!
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 12:13pm
Nothing wrong with a little discipline when needed.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by augiemoment augiemoment wrote:

I spank my son when he's naughty, but then i let him know why 
how the heck are you gonna discipline them? by only talking (priviledged)

There have been posters on here who say they have raised and disciplined their children without spanking them.

I wish we could have a discussion about alternative discipline techniques...without the snark and pissing matches.
I'm definitely willing to hear alternative discipline techniques besides the ones I'm personally familiar with.Thumbs Up

I got 1 good spanking and that was it. Both parents were military so it's not like they were super gentle creatures lol. I got punishments instead like taking away television, video games, my bike, going outside, not being able to talk on the phone, etc. Sometimes the punishments would last a while and other times I would get taken off of punishment. Usually my mom would take me off punishment early if she saw I was miserable but I would have to explain why it was wrong and then I would be off punishment. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2013 at 3:46pm

If on your way out, you pick that plate up and throw it at your brothers head cuz you mad he said you shoulda just ate the beans, you get a spanking an ass whooping.

Fixed and IA

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>