Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Study: Spanking hurts kids in the long run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 2:50pm
LOLLOL
Sponsored Links

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

You had a smart mouth huh?  Me too, that's how I knowOuch
yep and at "had". 

i'd be dead long before they could beat that outta me. Beer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

If you grew up being spanked then I don't understand the part that worked...assuming you had to be spanked more than once...when did it start working? A different tactic would've taken multiple times as well. Kids I know that get spanked get it on a semi regular or regular basis and I find it hard to believe that everyone on the board who agrees with it only got it when it was absolutely necessary and if u believe that, what were u doing that all kids don't do? Spanking makes the parent feel like they're actually doing something because their own nervous system is getting a work out.
this is the part that could i beg to say, that if other tactics have to be applied more than once, when do they start working? i'm assuming kids have to be put in time out, have their things taken away, be grounded, etc. more than once. where is their validity in comparison? for my mother, spanking was rare by 3rd grade and phased out completely by the end of elementary (5th). so yeah, it did work. 

i guess what i did was pay attention and learn from my mistakes. it encouraged me to think twice, even thrice, before acting.

Edited by nekamarie83 - Oct 23 2013 at 3:38pm
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

If you grew up being spanked then I don't understand the part that worked...assuming you had to be spanked more than once...when did it start working? A different tactic would've taken multiple times as well. Kids I know that get spanked get it on a semi regular or regular basis and I find it hard to believe that everyone on the board who agrees with it only got it when it was absolutely necessary and if u believe that, what were u doing that all kids don't do? Spanking makes the parent feel like they're actually doing something because their own nervous system is getting a work out.
this is the part that could i beg to say, that if other tactics have to be applied more than once, when do they start working? i'm assuming kids have to be put in time out, have their things taken away, be grounded, etc. more than once. where is their validity in comparison? for my mother, spanking was rare by 3rd grade and phased out completely by the end of elementary (5th). so yeah, it did work. 

i guess what i did was pay attention and learn from my mistakes. it encouraged me to think twice, even thrice, before acting.

It's a good question, and I'd def like to see some studies on the alternatives to spanking. But if those things aren't doing psychological harm or increasing the odds of emotional issues like repeated spankings do, then it not working isn't as damaging...
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:48pm
My cousin got a whooping like every weekend. I used to wonder if he and his mom ever got tired of the same routine. He'd weigh the cost benefit of fun vs those licks from the switch. He picked fun more times than not. LOL

Edited by Random Thoughts - Oct 23 2013 at 3:49pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

It's a good question, and I'd def like to see some studies on the alternatives to spanking. But if those things aren't doing psychological harm or increasing the odds of emotional issues like repeated spankings do, then it not working isn't as damaging...
and i definitely agree with that. as i mentioned before, i think when it gets there, it's purely the parents. they are lazy, discouraged or genuinely ignorant as to what they could do differently. 

however, due to those people, spanking in general isn't a good look. you obviously have to put in the brain work and figure what works best for any child at any moment. obviously, if spanking is not for you, don't do it. however, i feel it's shortsighted to speak as though spanking automatically equals flaw in parenting. 
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

He needs to shut the hell up.  He should do studies based on his own cultural experiences and stop writing about other cultures that he clearly doesn't know much about. 

In fact, he should get his a$$ whopped for writing this silly-a$$ article.
LOLCry..reminds me of this:

LOLLOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:04pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

My cousin got a whooping like every weekend. I used to wonder if he and his mom ever got tired of the same routine.
Funny you'd mention. That was one of the beginnings of the end for us. Usually when parents pull the "this hurts me more than it hurts you" you call bs. Who knows what I did, but my mom looked genuinely hurt/disappointed. Like "we're too old for this". Bless her heart, it was a wrap.

I think it was when I stole something… *shrug*
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2013 at 4:52pm
Of course spanking damages children in the long run!

This is common sense. DUH!

Spanking is the lazy way to disipline kids ... and it does not work. You are supposed to talk and reason with your child which takes a lot more time patience but works and your kids don't grow up feeling shamed, feeling bad about themselves and being aggressive and angry or 'cowed'.

Why bring kids into the world just to mess them up mentally?

Edited by Printer_Ink - Oct 23 2013 at 5:00pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>