Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Study: Reading Changes Brain's Connectivity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:03pm
womp--i need to finish the New Jim Crow...i started reading it and got mad so I stopped
Sponsored Links

Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 12:11pm
I was listening to a debate on youtube a few weeks ago, and one of the debaters said something to the effect of "stories are more realer than life. Fiction can be sometimes truer than non-fiction." And it sounded like the dumbest thing I've ever heard. But it's stuck with me for weeks. I find myself in the bathroom, taking a deuce, and thinking about that. I've been thinking about if "art imitates life" is really truer than life imitating art. Do we as people strive to do things or feel things based on the stories and religious books and movies and tv shows and other character arcs that we experience from as early as childhood.

This study adds another thinking point for me. I'll think about it later when I shower or have a sit down at the toilet. Big smile

Edited by Random Thoughts - Dec 31 2013 at 12:15pm
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

womp--i need to finish the New Jim Crow...i started reading it and got mad so I stopped

Excellent Book Michelle Alexander really knows her stuff. I reached out to her after reading it and she was very receptive to my feedbackSmile
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 3:55pm
Anything that makes you think probably does this.
I'm willing to bet movies do the same thing if it impacts you.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 9:35pm
What about television? They should do a test on watching television.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic