Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Study: Cats dont give a sh!t about you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 6:43pm
My current cat won't even let me hold him for longer then about 10 seconds. We've had him for 6+ years after I found him at work abandoned as a small cat.

My other cat I had for about 10 years was very attached. She would pull out her hair when I would leave to go visit family out of state for a month or so even though my mom was there all day with her. It was to the point where the vet had to put her on anti anxiety pills when I left. She was my baby.Heart
Sponsored Links

SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 7:20pm
This is a surprise?
patternsandtexture View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patternsandtexture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 7:28pm
Most cats but. Not mines. Mines follow me to the corner store.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:04pm
that's why you get a dog :P

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

i knew this. female cats especially are some bishes. I had one for 4 freakin' years. 4! one day my brother gave her away to the local ac&c. two days later we went there to get a new dog. I went to the cat section to find her to say my last good byes. Would you believe when i finally got to this bishes cage she just f*cking blinked at me?!! that's it! She just blinked like "oh its you again". you've been in this scary place caged up for two days and you give nan facks about seducing me to take you back? After that i just walked away and got my Labrador, never thought about that heaux again. my current cat is a boy and is alot more affectionate. He comes running like a retarded little deer when i call his nameLOL im convinced he loves me

LOL LOL
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:23pm
My furbaby always greets me at the door when I come in, and when she does.....she purrs AND drools! Embarrassed and she'll keep meowing til I pet her and acknowledge her presence and won't leave my sight. So yeah....she loves me! LOL
creamcityluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote creamcityluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 8:55pm
I don't get what this is supposed to prove. Just because cats don't have the same level of neediness as babies and dogs doesn't mean they don't care about their owner. If you did this same experiment with a 10 year old human and their parent they would respond more like the cat did; it doesn't mean they don't love their parent they just don't need them as much. And how do we know that the dog or even the baby running back to the owner/parent is an indication of how much love they have for the parent and isn't instead a result of their own need for love/affection/attention.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2013 at 9:02pm
my sister's cat knows precisely when she's supposed to come home from work and if she's late this cat will not stop talking to the door

btw this sister doesn't feed her nor change her litter box

our cats always come to the door whenever we leave or come back and they follow me around everywhere even though I dont feed them, bathe them or change their litter ... but I know they can detach, because when their brother got a new home, they were like meh and I think they would do the same if they got a new home that was nice

you gotta roll with the punches, I like that

Edited by rickysrose - Dec 15 2013 at 9:03pm
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 12:08am
Yeah, I would say neediness for food and survival vs. general affection is a bit different.  I don't think there are enough studies to really come to a good conclusion.  Some cats are emotionally needy and others are not.  Even that can be seen as selfish--because those cats will choose who to go to to seek affection and require that human to give them the attention they need. 

That cats don't care is not really the right way to put it.  I would say it's more about most cats not understanding much beyond their own needs.  Humans 6 and under are much the same way.

I did a few harmless behavioral experiments on my cat.  In the morning, my cat would wake me up, not because she needed to be fed, but because she was actually aware of my routine and my need to be awake at a certain time.  When the family member that is taking care of her is sick, she will stay with that human until they are feeling better.  When I come home, she does stay just out of reach, but she will generally come into my room to spend the night, even if I am not the one giving her her meals and water. 

In general, I don't think you can say that definitively a cat will behave in this way or that way, the same way that it is hard to say a dog is going to behave one way or the other. 
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 12:17am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

my sister's cat knows precisely when she's supposed to come home from work and if she's late this cat will not stop talking to the door

btw this sister doesn't feed her nor change her litter box

our cats always come to the door whenever we leave or come back and they follow me around everywhere even though I dont feed them, bathe them or change their litter ... but I know they can detach, because when their brother got a new home, they were like meh and I think they would do the same if they got a new home that was nice

you gotta roll with the punches, I like that

Do You have a maid or cat nanny Rick?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists