Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Student Sent Home From School 4 Wearing Purse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Student Sent Home From School 4 Wearing Purse
    Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 3:01am

Eighth grade student suspended after refusing to take off designer purse he wears to 'express' himself

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 15:13 EST, 7 November 2013 UPDATED: 15:57 EST, 7 November 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
shares

View 
comments

A middle school student who has worn a Vera Bradley over-the-shoulder purse to school every day since August, says he has been suspended for wearing the designer bag.

Kansas eight-grader, Skylar Davis, was suspended from school Wednesday because he refused to take the bag off.

'It expresses myself and I think everyone else can wear it, so I wear it as well,' the 13-year-old told KCTV5.

Kansas eight-grader, Skylar Davis, was suspended from school Wednesday because he refused to take the Vera Bradley over-the-shoulder bag off

Kansas eight-grader, Skylar Davis, was suspended from school Wednesday because he refused to take the Vera Bradley over-the-shoulder bag off

'I don't think everyone should be treated differently,' the Anderson County Senior-Junior School student said. 'Everyone should have the same privileges.'

According to Skylar, he was summoned to Assistant Principal Don Hillard's office after he wouldn't take the bag off.

'I went to the office and I refused to take it off, and they suspended me,Sklyer said.

His mother, Leslie Willis, was then notified to collect her son from school.

'I was a little furious, and I called the school [and spoke to Hillard] to verify the story, and yeah, he refused to take off his Vera Bradley bag -- nothing more to do it,' she explained.

It expresses myself and I think everyone else can wear it, so I wear it as well, said the 13-year-old

'It expresses myself and I think everyone else can wear it, so I wear it as well,' said the 13-year-old

I dont think everyone should be treated differently, the Anderson County Senior-Junior School student said. Everyone should have the same privileges

'I don't think everyone should be treated differently,' the Anderson County Senior-Junior School student said. 'Everyone should have the same privileges'

After reviewing the student handbook, Ms Willis did not see a mention of bags or purses in its guidelines.

She said she supports her son, including his choice to carry a floral-printed purse.

Skylar's brother, Dako

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2491134/Eighth-grade-student-suspended-refusing-designer-purse-wears-express-himself.html#ixzz2k2j1ckl4 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 3:17am
...this is so silly.
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 3:18am
Aren't there other pressing matters to worry about in schools? 

Like.....I dunno.....reading, writing, and arithmetic?
Marmonette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Marmonette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 3:21am
wtf let this boy wear his purse. That little over the shoulder tote is not hurting n-e-body.

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 5:41am
Don't they have better sh*t to worry about?

A boy wearing a damn purse isn't harming anybody and he's for damn sure rocking it better than me! Leave the boy alone!
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 5:52am
I couldn't care less bout this lil boy and his purse...

But damn you for that avi, Marmonette!
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 7:29am
He should have said its not a purse, It's a satchel! lol 
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I couldn't care less bout this lil boy and his purse...

Exactly. 
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 8:02am
I see nothing wrong with it. I could understand if he was coming to school in drag and they wanted to make it in issue but let him wear his lil Murse
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2013 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Aren't there other pressing matters to worry about in schools? 

Like.....I dunno.....reading, writing, and arithmetic?

and having enough books for the children
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic