Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Student Loans Should Have Same Rate As Big Banks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Student Loans Should Have Same Rate As Big Banks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

I pay my student loans every month (~6k) but I don't have a degree yet sigh

Anyway luckily my job has tuition reimbursement so I can go back to school debt free hallelujah

I'm 21 fingers crossed I'll start back in the fall

Girl I wish the last job I had did tuition reimbursement. Well, they did but in order to qualify for it you had to be majoring in a field related to the type of job I was working at. Which I'm not SMH.
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Cami, I'm on deferment until I finish school but I have a feeling many people with loans have no intent on paying that ish back.

I almost faint when friends tell me of $100k+ loan bills. My mind can't handle 6 digits of loan debt.Cry

my old professor and counselor was 45 and still hadn't paid back his loans and told me he wasn't planning on it.LOL
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:09pm
F student loans, point blank period.

Owing forever and a damn day for bettering yourself...smh.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:14pm
Finish up debt free haute. Don't be like the rest of us.Cry

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:21pm

^There's always a way out. Move out the country after you finish school and you're good to go.Evil Smile

Niecy what? $75k in 2 years to be a teacher? I wish counselors would talk to kids in HS or in freshman orientation about acceptable loan debt relative to career choice. I think it would help many people who are 1st gen college students or broke students like moi lol.

I think the rule is loan debt shouldn't exceed your 1st year's salary.

i was told in HS to do whatever you need to do in order to go to college. the counselor said that "loan payments are that bad, and you will pay them off quick." she was a lying azz liar who lied Ouch

i hate sallie mae. you miss one payment and she is calling distant relatives asking about your whereabouts.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:24pm
i want to go to grad school to change careers but im so scared about those loans. right now, what i owe isnt bad and if i aggressively save, i can pay it off w/in 2 years, but i don't want to add on top of it. i need to research grants/scholarships.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

^There's always a way out. Move out the country after you finish school and you're good to go.Evil Smile

Niecy what? $75k in 2 years to be a teacher? I wish counselors would talk to kids in HS or in freshman orientation about acceptable loan debt relative to career choice. I think it would help many people who are 1st gen college students or broke students like moi lol.

i was told in HS to do whatever you need to do in order to go to college. the counselor said that "loan payments are that bad, and you will pay them off quick." she was a lying azz liar who lied Ouch

i hate sallie mae. you miss one payment and she is calling distant relatives asking about your whereabouts.

omg, yes...we had an in law unit in my mom's house that had a completely separate phone line and B address.  they got that number!!  i have no idea how.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:48pm

LOL
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 12:16am

I would've told that counselor she can pay them damn loans back for me then since she telling folks to do whatever you need to do.

And I'm about ready to tell Sallie she can kiss my natural behind. I'm still in school and she been on my ass already begging for her money back! Angry
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 12:18am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Owing forever and a damn day for bettering yourself...smh.
word
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>