Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Student Loans Should Have Same Rate As Big Banks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Student Loans Should Have Same Rate As Big Banks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 11:53pm
Naw my debt isnt near that much for my degree...Im just mad as hell at this whole process though...im hoping this loan bubble will burst!! Or im gonna skip country! Perhaps I can be a physician in the millitary and have my loans dissolvedDisapprove..wat u think? Help me out...
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:10am
^I think the military does that. Check out ROTC programs. They'll pay for everything.

I know there is a loan forgiveness program for certain professions. If you work for the state or fed and make 120 consecutive payments, they'll dissolve your remaining debt.
http://www.finaid.org/loans/forgiveness.phtml

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:14am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Cami, I'm on deferment until I finish school but I have a feeling many people with loans have no intent on paying that ish back.

I almost faint when friends tell me of $100k+ loan bills. My mind can't handle 6 digits of loan debt.Cry

Girl I have a feeling I'll be in the same boat once I finish all of my schooling. Thank goodness I'm going into a field where I know I'll be able to pay it back if things work out well. 

I met this girl during my first year of college who was studying to be a teacher that was had around $75k in student loans already and she was only in her 2nd year of college. I'm like good luck girl you gonna be in debt for the rest of your damn life.
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:40am

^I think the military does that. Check out ROTC programs. They'll pay for everything.

I know there is a loan forgiveness program for certain professions. If you work for the state or fed and make 120 consecutive payments, they'll dissolve your remaining debt.
http://www.finaid.org/loans/forgiveness.phtml

Yes gurl...that just  might be my way out!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 12:51am
^There's always a way out. Move out the country after you finish school and you're good to go.Evil Smile

Niecy what? $75k in 2 years to be a teacher? I wish counselors would talk to kids in HS or in freshman orientation about acceptable loan debt relative to career choice. I think it would help many people who are 1st gen college students or broke students like moi lol.

I think the rule is loan debt shouldn't exceed your 1st year's salary.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 1:28am
IA CC. Hell, I think students need to be taught more about all things finance related period honestly.

If I were studying anything outside of medical field I wish I WOULD allow my loans to reach over $50k.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 1:43am
^Guuurl!LOL

What's weird is that $50k is my personal max for undergrad/grad for social work.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:06pm
Here Cami!

University endowments and teachers’ pension funds are among big investors in Sallie Mae, the private lender that has been generating enormous profits thanks to soaring student debt and the climbing cost of education, a Huffington Post review of financial documents has revealed...Dead
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/sallie-mae-student-loans_n_3247979.html

Edited by carolina cutie - May 09 2013 at 10:06pm
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:19pm

Here Cami!

University endowments and teachers’ pension funds are among big investors in Sallie Mae, the private lender that has been generating enormous profits thanks to soaring student debt and the climbing cost of education, a Huffington Post review of financial documents has revealed...Dead
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/sallie-mae-student-loans_n_3247979.html

Yes!Yes!!  Let us file bankruptcy on that sh*t!!!  In other news,I hate this fukin country!!Angry
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:54pm
I pay my student loans every month (~6k) but I don't have a degree yet sigh

Anyway luckily my job has tuition reimbursement so I can go back to school debt free hallelujah

I'm 21 fingers crossed I'll start back in the fall
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic