Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

student goes off on teacher, thoughts ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Some teachers do want to teach, but are prohibited by the school board from deviating from the schools planned curriculum.

i'm not defending the teachers in either video, and i can understand the students' frustration with their poor instruction.

but i think some ppl do not really understand this. its not always about teachers being "lazy"

in my first year of teaching (5th), we had a scripted curriculum. that basically means that i read from a script to teach the lesson and did the suggested activities and assigned the suggested homework. if i were to deviate from that, i would get in trouble. and it was common for the principal to come into our classroom, pick up a teachers' lesson plan and make sure that he/she was doing that script.

Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Some teachers do want to teach, but are prohibited by the school board from deviating from the schools planned curriculum.

i'm not defending the teachers in either video, and i can understand the students' frustration with their poor instruction.

but i think some ppl do not really understand this. its not always about teachers being "lazy"

in my first year of teaching (5th), we had a scripted curriculum. that basically means that i read from a script to teach the lesson and did the suggested activities and assigned the suggested homework. if i were to deviate from that, i would get in trouble. and it was common for the principal to come into our classroom, pick up a teachers' lesson plan and make sure that he/she was doing that script.

IA I am empathetic to both side also, I think the parents need to be more involved tbh, we must start more conversations btw parent, students and teachers to really make a change. The boards will bow if we all come together.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 5:40pm

but there are other learning disabilities jimmy  like dyscalcula, dysgraphia. But I'm no longer interested in this conversation Jimmy, we semi-agree w/ each other any way.

The law protects these students through an Individualized Education Plan (IEP).  By law, teachers and special ed instructors have to abide by what is included in the IEP.  However, many teachers don't and that's when the parents need to be in the teachers ass about what goals their child are/or are not meeting.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2013 at 1:49am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

unfortunately, some ppl do not have the option of really "choosing" a district. they are not able to travel to these better schools. and charter schools can be hit or miss.

honestly, one of the biggest things that has to change is how schools are allocated money. that will begin to make a difference in the quality of resources, teachers and instruction, but that is a whole other discussion.

I agree and disagree with this. The way funds are allocated to schools in general is ridiculous. However, there is no "fair" way to redistribute the funds that doesn't end up burning one to appease the other.

In Indianapolis (my home town) there are 9 school districts, of roughly equal land size in a perfect 3x3 square across the city & county. The unfortunate school district in the center, (IPS - Indianapolis Public School) was predominantly the inner city district with the least funding because the center district was comprised of businesses and government buildings so property taxes were greatly reduced or non existent as opposed to the other "outer" districts that were predominantly residential and with higher property values.

The IPS district was constantly downsizing, cutting programs, etc. to accommodate their tiny budget yet consistently not meeting the necessary benchmarks for student achievement. Mind you, Indiana is a pretty low ranked state for education, so you REALLY have to be bad to be falling below the state standards. At one point, they decided to petition the Indy Board of Ed to force the surrounding 8 districts in Indianapolis to "redistribute" their budgets to bolster IPS' small budget because they didn't feel that it was fair that the other school systems were enjoying bigger budgets because of the property tax issue. It got shot down almost immediately, and parents from the surrounding districts fought against it tooth & nail, IMO rightfully so.

I get that people shouldn't be punished for not living in the right area, but penalizing the students/families/school systems that are in a "goldilocks zone" for funding because other students aren't isn't fair either.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567