BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

student goes off on teacher, thoughts ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 1:58am
Funny how different the responses in this thread are compared to the thread about the black girl
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:06am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Funny how different the responses in this thread are compared to the thread about the black girl

Yeah I skimmed that thread. This kid is eloquent. She was called wild, unruly, disruptive and incapable of being taught. Wacko

Both students were disruptive. Both teachers were equal parts milk toast & pathetic. But I guess because he didn't raise his voice...it was "better".
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:12am
^Indeed. I like how they turned the story of this man(he's 18) dropping out, his mother being a teacher and him coming back to school into a nice feel good story of a student with heart just trying to learn.

Their approaches were different but the same sentiment was there: Please teach me because I want to learn. One student is viewed as a 'hero' the other is just a 'hoodrat'.Stern Smile

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:16am
Honestly, I blame the parents.

In my school system, the parents were VERY involved, constantly lobbying through the PTO and school board meetings for more opportunities, etc. Yes, you need teachers who are passionate, but if too many parents are apathetic, there's no one to hold the teachers, & school board at large accountable for the outcome of the students.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:57am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Isn't it? LOL Where are the people saying that he's disturbing class and he should shut up and deal with the system? Where they at ?? lol
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:14am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Honestly, I blame the parents.

In my school system, the parents were VERY involved, constantly lobbying through the PTO and school board meetings for more opportunities, etc. Yes, you need teachers who are passionate, but if too many parents are apathetic, there's no one to hold the teachers, & school board at large accountable for the outcome of the students.

Oh yes, I agree!  The parents are the first teachers, and if they do a piss poor job of it and settle for mediocrity, that's exactly what they get.

Thoughts on this video:  dude reminded me of Minister Farrakahn with his gestures. LOL

If he gets his education together, he would make a good teacher, practice what he's preaching here.

He sounds like he grew up around Black folks.

Now I'm gonna go watch the Black girl version, lol. Brb.

PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:28am
OK, watched the other video, and MAN oh MAN that was one mad sista, and I ain't even mad at her!

She handed that teacher his ASS, and it the peanut gallery had stfu and let her have her say, I tell you WHAT, um hum!  In my opinion, that was justified, she obviously had had enough.

I nutted up on one of my nursing instructors in class one day, she EARNED that verbal lashing, she was a lousy teacher, and I'd be damned if I was gonna pay to sit thru that class and not learn what I need to learn.  Bish left crying and didn't teach the rest of the semester.  But guess what, 30 fellow students thanked me.  Hell, we PAY these people!  You betta teach me sumthin! Clap
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:30am
Originally posted by niecy<font color=#0000FF> niecy wrote:

[QUOTE=SweetNovember*]Meanwhile y'all were in the thread about that little mixed girl cussin out the teacher who grabbed her saying no one better touch your child. And this girl was in Pre-K/Kindergarten. Yeah, keep your little terrors at home. They're not going to learn at school anyway. You aren't no goodLOLLOL
[/QUOTE
But anywho, her message was a complete loss with all of that unruly behavior. Some teachers do want to teach, but are prohibited by the school board from deviating from the schools planned curriculum. Instead of doing that she should rally up more children/parents to help her fight this. Her screaming and disrespecting the teacher will not help her learn. I hope she calms down and gets a good education that she needs.

This is what I said previously^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:10pm
Both videos are just examples of why you need to choose your school system wisely. The American PUBLIC SCHOOL education system in general is on a serious decline across most of the country unless you make a good choice of where you live to ensure you're in the "right" school district. Both videos are cautionary tales of this.

I mean, consider this...most American publications (newspapers, magazines, etc.) are instructed to write at an 8th grade reading level - so as to not be too complicated for the average American to grasp what's being written. Of course, this doesn't apply to pubs like NYT or WSJ. But how sad is that when you're instructed to write as if you're communicating with 13/14 year olds rather than with adults?

Standardized tests don't test to the highest level of HS completion, but usually to a freshman or sophomore level at best. And more colleges are being forced to offer basic courses as a required part of the freshman curriculum because these students are being accepted but they're not up to the collegiate level.

It's really sad...
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Both videos are just examples of why you need to choose your school system wisely. The American PUBLIC SCHOOL education system in general is on a serious decline across most of the country unless you make a good choice of where you live to ensure you're in the "right" school district. Both videos are cautionary tales of this.

I mean, consider this...most American publications (newspapers, magazines, etc.) are instructed to write at an 8th grade reading level - so as to not be too complicated for the average American to grasp what's being written. Of course, this doesn't apply to pubs like NYT or WSJ. But how sad is that when you're instructed to write as if you're communicating with 13/14 year olds rather than with adults?

Standardized tests don't test to the highest level of HS completion, but usually to a freshman or sophomore level at best. And more colleges are being forced to offer basic courses as a required part of the freshman curriculum because these students are being accepted but they're not up to the collegiate level.

It's really sad...

unfortunately, some ppl do not have the option of really "choosing" a district. they are not able to travel to these better schools. and charter schools can be hit or miss.

honestly, one of the biggest things that has to change is how schools are allocated money. that will begin to make a difference in the quality of resources, teachers and instruction, but that is a whole other discussion.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>