BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:48am
Wow...I think in this situation they all lost. Most of us sympathize with this girl though because we've been in those types of classrooms where the teacher does not GAF, and they are just there to to pass the time until they retire, so the students just go to say they were there, and/or hang out with friends. And they don't get fired because a lot of them have been in the school system for a number of years and have tenure. 

My dad told me this story about when he was in college at NJIT (engineering major) they started a program to tutor the local high school students in math and science. FYI this was in Newark, New Jersey. Anyway, he said the kids would come to them and they would explain the material and how they should figure it out, and the students would be in amazement because up to that point NOBODY took the time to teach them. He said it could best be compared to being visually impaired and wearing glasses for the first time-stuff was clear and it made sense. 

Well, these kids went back to school actually knowing sh*t, and actually being able to ask intelligent questions and making the teachers work. The teachers didn't like it, and tried to get the program shut down, but it was evident that up until that point a majority of teachers were ineffective. And, if you have teacher after teacher after teacher who is like this-you get those disruptive kids in the video. A group of college students made "unteachable" kids-teachable.

He also talks about how this school (I think it was Central High) is/was RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from NJIT campus, yet none of the graduates from Central were getting into NJIT.
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:36am
20 pages, wtf?

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I will never be mad at a student who wants to learn. I will never be mad at a student who refuses to accept incompetence from the person she calls teacher. She may have gone about it in the worst way, but that there was righteous fury at its purest.

Just because that's what she screamed over the course of the video doesn't mean that's what was going on. I heard her say he told her she was distracting class and her response was well you aren't teaching anyway. The man couldn't even say anything because she was up there hopping around getting sweaty just so she could make the other kids laugh. We only got one side of the story (or less than half). I do not trust a child that is bold enough to behave like that in front of her teacher and a whole class full of children. She has issues. Confused That was not cute in any way shape or form.

What's going on here man...Post a video of a girl flipping out and rambling in class being disrespectful as hell and we believe what she says even though the only video we have shows her to clearly be in the wrong? If she had a lick of sense she would not be up there acting like that. This is why teachers don't want to teach in black schools. Somebody need to get these kids under control. Man this is crazy man...I'm out.

Then exactly why did the distraction point come up a little later in her rant and more importantly, why did the teacher apologize?

He apologizes to her for his lack of teaching in the video.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:42am
that video made me weep
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:46am
It's inaudible for what he was apologizing for.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

It's inaudible for what he was apologizing for.

Clearly the topic of her ranting: His lack of teaching. She also apologized for being disrespectful, although still ranting.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:52am
Sure we can speculate that he apologized for that. But I listened to it about 6 times (at 2:49) and it's unclear what he says. If anything it sounds like he is saying to the class "I apologize for that y'all."

I didn't hear her apologize for being disrespectful. 

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jan 10 2013 at 5:54am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:00am
Random?  what is going on in your avi?  why he push the man?  I know this ain't the thread for this question but I laugh every time I see it.LOL

ok back to the seriousness.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

Wow...I think in this situation they all lost. Most of us sympathize with this girl though because we've been in those types of classrooms where the teacher does not GAF, and they are just there to to pass the time until they retire, so the students just go to say they were there, and/or hang out with friends. And they don't get fired because a lot of them have been in the school system for a number of years and have tenure. 

My dad told me this story about when he was in college at NJIT (engineering major) they started a program to tutor the local high school students in math and science. FYI this was in Newark, New Jersey. Anyway, he said the kids would come to them and they would explain the material and how they should figure it out, and the students would be in amazement because up to that point NOBODY took the time to teach them. He said it could best be compared to being visually impaired and wearing glasses for the first time-stuff was clear and it made sense. 

Well, these kids went back to school actually knowing sh*t, and actually being able to ask intelligent questions and making the teachers work. The teachers didn't like it, and tried to get the program shut down, but it was evident that up until that point a majority of teachers were ineffective. And, if you have teacher after teacher after teacher who is like this-you get those disruptive kids in the video. A group of college students made "unteachable" kids-teachable.

He also talks about how this school (I think it was Central High) is/was RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from NJIT campus, yet none of the graduates from Central were getting into NJIT.

did the kids act up while with these tutors?
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 10:08am
I can't blame her. I had an algebra teacher in 8th grade that did nothing but talk talk talk about complete bullsheet all day. It effed up my education really bad. That was the foundation of advanced math for me and I never learned some basic skills. That idiot is still teaching to this day. I had other teachers in high school that came there to drink coffee and chat with the students too. My spanish teachers were imbeciles and I an english teacher in 9th grade that must have thought she was teaching preschool. The educational system for the Black man is effed the hell up and needs change. This is unacceptable. We don't learn because we CAN'T learn.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

did the kids act up while with these tutors?

IDK. I'll have to ask.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>