Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:12am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

If you can't take the heat in high school good luck at a four year!

Not only will your professors not give a f.uck, but she'll be screaming to the dean when they reprimand her for that level of disrespect she showed her educator. 

All these likes and pseudo Gandhi posts are cute but definitely aren't applicable to any real life scenarios I know. But then again this is BHM sooooo. Lol. 

but she's not in college.  you're applying what she will have to deal with in the future to what is going on now.

your posts are promoting independent learning which is great but it's also not applicable to everyone's real life.  some people need their teachers help which is what they're being paid by the state to do.

you still haven't answered why you think she doesn't care when she is saying that she does care.  i feel like you guys are just hearing charlie brown noises in her actual statements just b/c you think she's extra.

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Thread/ Summary

I'm glad we all came to some kind of agreement, that the girl is indeed interested in her education, but needs to learn to be more politely passionate. The teachers need to be held accountable of teaching students, not controlling or baby sitting them. That the educational system is forked upClap

lol and with that...maybe we should all give it a rest. LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:20am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

she had good points, but i feel like i would have gotten my ass kicked by my mom when i got home for doing that. 

it sounded like he tried to reprimand her being distracting students or something. 
some teachers go into public schools with defeat already on their mind. 
so they stop teaching, and at that point you're nothing but a babysitter. 

IA. I think some teachers, once they experience one bad seed, expect all to be like that. Seems like you have teachers who let students run over them and do whatever too because they probably feel like they don't make enough money to have to discipline kids or whatever the case may be.

I will say I think some just give up and let the students run over them IMO because they know if they say anything back or stand up for themselves....with ratchet kids...chances are the sh*t will escalate and the teacher'll be the one to get whacked.  

Teachers.....good teachers don't make what they deserve for the sh*t they gotta put up with from the majority of students these days. 

You are always unbiased when you post. Clap

Embarrassed  I try to be.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:26am
I have come across plenty of terrible teachers who couldn't teach, I don't even know why they got into the field but, I would never do something like that and my mother would never tolerate that behavior either.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:49am
Seems like if she should be mad at anyone, it's her classmates for fostering that environment of distraction. They wouldn't even listen to her rant without talking/interrupting, so I doubt they are any different during a lecture/lesson.

I think there are bad teachers out there but I do see the other side. Teachers that come in expecting to talk about the Minoan civilization and instead have to try and get young adults to stop talking about Chief Keefs new song and pay attention to the blackboard.

Learning is a two-way street. But this topic always seems to be less about telling the teachers to be better teachers, and more about telling them to be better babysitters and therapist.

I had a literature prof in undergrad that was def one of my fav teachers. Very soft spoken. Could barely get his voice heard over a crowd. You could tell he didn't like confrontation. But his lessons and discussions were always on point. I learned more in his class than I did in several other classes combined.

But if you dropped him in the classroom in the OP. The one with kids that come to school not giving one F about a lesson? I guarantee one of the students would be saying "you aint teaching me nothing" while the other dozen students laugh and act out, not taking his soft spoken personality serious. He doesn't have the personality to control that class, regardless of how good of a teacher he is. Guess that's why he's teaching college.

Point? Yeah there are some awesome disciplinarian teachers out there than can calm the rowdiest of people. But if we expect every classroom to have a Joe Clark, then we're gonna have a shortage of teachers. Hell, even he had to kick half of the kids out of the school to get the rest of the kids learning. 

I didn't go to a great HS. I had some meh teachers but for the most part, it was my peers that made the learning environment difficult to actually learn in. There were times when the teacher spent so much time writing referrals and getting everyone to shut up that a lesson plan that was suppose to cover 5 chapters, only covered around 2 or so, and we'd have a test coming up.

When that happened I went to the teacher in private and got what I needed. Maybe, as a student, it wasnt my job to do that, but it's a two way street. We're both in an overcrowded classroom with people that don't wanna be there. It's up to us to make the most of it.

I swear it was days I felt like ole girl on the wire.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jan 10 2013 at 2:56am
MsBianca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MsBianca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:03am
Radom Thoughts... these are exactly "MY Thoughts"... LOL

I was gonna say the same thing about her disrespectful classmates... that alone shows you exactly how the environment is on a daily basis... They all cussin and stuff... and WHY were they in class filming anyway???

When she mentioned Martin Luther King and Malcom X, they all busted out laughing and I was like WTF?

These kids today are so crazy... they have no respect and they're taking some of the teachers down right with them because they can't even handle their arses.  But that's not fair to the students who do want to learn.

I don't see anything wrong with her response because she's right - I agree she could have said it better but sometimes, when you get pissed off, you can't control yourself...  Embarrassed

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Seems like if she should be mad at anyone, it's her classmates for fostering that environment of distraction. They wouldn't even listen to her rant without talking/interrupting, so I doubt they are any different during a lecture/lesson.

Edited by MsBianca - Jan 10 2013 at 3:03am
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:24am
I noticed that too MsBianca.  I just smh.
Originally posted by MsBianca MsBianca wrote:

Radom Thoughts... these are exactly "MY Thoughts"... LOL

I was gonna say the same thing about her disrespectful classmates... that alone shows you exactly how the environment is on a daily basis... They all cussin and stuff... and WHY were they in class filming anyway???

When she mentioned Martin Luther King and Malcom X, they all busted out laughing and I was like WTF?

These kids today are so crazy... they have no respect and they're taking some of the teachers down right with them because they can't even handle their arses.  But that's not fair to the students who do want to learn.

I don't see anything wrong with her response because she's right - I agree she could have said it better but sometimes, when you get pissed off, you can't control yourself...  Embarrassed

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:33am
I had a class in HS....I believe it was English.  The first semester....teacher tried hard to quiet the class and teach but they would just keep talkin' he'd get mad and start talking hard and the kids would get louder and more disrespectful.   He would get so frustrated....I felt bad for him.  I wanted to tell them raggedy kids to stfu. We couldn't even get thru that days lesson plan.

That second semester.....he thru in the towel and said fucc it.  He came in and said "look, this is how it's gone be.  I'm going to write what ya'll need to do on the board and it's up to you to do it or not.  Hand in your work at the end of class.  you need anything i'll be at my desk.  If u finish your work early you may converse quietly with your classmates".  Dude went to his desk and those are the last words most of his class heard from him.  I think only a few of us ever went to his desk for a discussion or clarification.   I found it strange that the class was more subdued after that.  smh.  Almost like it wasn't no fun since he wasn't fighting back. Old boy gave up.....it was all in his countenance. smh.

not sure if this matters but I lived in The Valley at the time so the class was black and hispanic.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:47am
I couldn't really listen to her because she was too riled up. There is a way to express dissatisfaction and I don't think that was the way. Too many teens and children have a lack of respect for adults,  so I could never support something like that. Yes she wants to learn, but she didn't speak up until he called her out for not paying attention or being disruptiveLOL

Edited by khivey - Jan 10 2013 at 3:48am
EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:44am
I ain't going to disagree with what that chick was doing..May have came out the wrong way, but nothing wrong with it. When you fed up, you liable to talk anyway.. There are teachers that don't teach.. I know I had a few teachers in HS that didn't teach anything. Hell, even some of them where doing they side hustle in the classroom. I had one teacher that didn't do anything but sell fake purses, clothes, and other stuff in his class. Matter of fact, you really didn't have to show up until exam time (which they were easy because he sort of gave you the answers).So kudos to this girl for wanting to learn.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 24>
  Share Topic