Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Student Goes Off On Teacher For Not Teaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but the problem is...some of you are automatically assuming the student was incorrect in her assessment solely based on her delivery.  i saw evidence of issues in that classroom and the teacher is not being called out on that just b/c we know that bad students exist.  is it wrong to assume fault on the teacher rather than the student?  

there are videos where i get the impression that the student is the one with all the issues...this isn't one of them.

I'm basing my assumptions off the video.  What I seen was her yelling and the young men that were video taping laughing and talking. One of the dudes was all the way turned around.  I seen the teacher trying to defuse the situation with her.  Should we expect him to be going through the process of Photosynthesis while she was having her tantrum?  If you have a full version of the video, please post it.
if he was doing that in the first place perhaps there wouldnt have been a tantrum...he'd be doing what she wanted, which is teachin suminLOL the child was frustrated and demanding an education...theres no way i could flip it and make her look like the bad guy. no way.

I think her tantrum was subjective...Maybe she did felt as though she wasn't learning anything..What about the learning of the other kids that might have been disrupted because of her tantrum?  It wasn't like the whole class rose up in revolt about the teacher not teaching anything.  She was the only one yelling and jumping up and down.  I didn't hear any "Amens" in the classroom.  It was just her.  I'm not quick to believe that she want's to learn..sorry...the behavior in that video is not relative to a person who wishes to learn....A person who wishes to learn would have talked with her teacher before or after class or would have possibly gotten a transfer into another class. 

If he wasn't teaching more than likely the others were fine with sitting there learning nothing so why would they say something about it?
Sponsored Links

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:54am
Lol I'm trying to imagine this happening in a college classroom. The way some of my professors would tell her to walk her ass out of their classes if she doesn't like the way they teach is a hilarious image.

By her first semester she'll learn that the burden of learning falls on her. Not her professor. But she'll see! 

Edited by femmemichelle - Jan 10 2013 at 1:54am
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:54am
#teamteacher
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:54am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

The caliber of teachers in high schools aren't the best. Should more teachers be invested? Of course. But there's a line you don't cross in class.

If I didn't understand orbitals and halogenation after it was taught to me in class, I learned it on my own Your teacher can't go inside your brain and force you to learn anything.

Most learning goes on OUTSIDE of the classroom anyway. The classroom is just the initial source of information. You go home, study your ass off, come back and make the grade.

You do not, however, throw hissy fits in class and expect people to take you seriously.

And if buying self help books is extreme when you don't understand a subject then maybe you're really not serious about passing a class.

Even in college, professors give no f.ucks if you understood what happened in class. You go home with your notes, research, study, ask friends. Do what you need to do to make sure you know what's going on. If she's doing this in high school, she's in for the shock of her life when/if she gets to college. Just saying.

yes, it does.  however, if the information isn't being relayed even once competently then?

i don't think there's anything wrong with students holding their teachers accountable.  if it's par for the course that teachers will not teach you properly, then there's nothing wrong with expecting a student to act accordingly.  who says she acts like this all the time?

still wondering why you think she didn't care about her edu?
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:54am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

but the problem is...some of you are automatically assuming the student was incorrect in her assessment solely based on her delivery.  i saw evidence of issues in that classroom and the teacher is not being called out on that just b/c we know that bad students exist.  is it wrong to assume fault on the teacher rather than the student?  

there are videos where i get the impression that the student is the one with all the issues...this isn't one of them.

I'm basing my assumptions off the video.  What I seen was her yelling and the young men that were video taping laughing and talking. One of the dudes was all the way turned around.  I seen the teacher trying to defuse the situation with her.  Should we expect him to be going through the process of Photosynthesis while she was having her tantrum?  If you have a full version of the video, please post it.
if he was doing that in the first place perhaps there wouldnt have been a tantrum...he'd be doing what she wanted, which is teachin suminLOL the child was frustrated and demanding an education...theres no way i could flip it and make her look like the bad guy. no way.

I think her tantrum was subjective...Maybe she did felt as though she wasn't learning anything..What about the learning of the other kids that might have been disrupted because of her tantrum?  It wasn't like the whole class rose up in revolt about the teacher not teaching anything.  She was the only one yelling and jumping up and down.  I didn't hear any "Amens" in the classroom.  It was just her.  I'm not quick to believe that she want's to learn..sorry...the behavior in that video is not relative to a person who wishes to learn....A person who wishes to learn would have talked with her teacher before or after class or would have possibly gotten a transfer into another class. 

If he wasn't teaching more than likely the others were fine with sitting there learning nothing so why would they say something about it?

Or maybe he was teaching and she was being disruptive in his class like I've been saying the whole time.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

#teamteacher

Dead
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:56am
did you guys actually listen to the whole video?

she is saying exactly what he's spending class time talking about and she's asking him(albeit in a disrespectful way) to actually teach the curriculum.  
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:56am

The caliber of teachers in high schools aren't the best. Should more teachers be invested? Of course. But there's a line you don't cross in class.

If I didn't understand orbitals and halogenation after it was taught to me in class, I learned it on my own Your teacher can't go inside your brain and force you to learn anything.

Most learning goes on OUTSIDE of the classroom anyway. The classroom is just the initial source of information. You go home, study your ass off, come back and make the grade.

You do not, however, throw hissy fits in class and expect people to take you seriously.

And if buying self help books is extreme when you don't understand a subject then maybe you're really not serious about passing a class.

Even in college, professors give no f.ucks if you understood what happened in class. You go home with your notes, research, study, ask friends. Do what you need to do to make sure you know what's going on. If she's doing this in high school, she's in for the shock of her life when/if she gets to college. Just saying.

You can't go home and study what you aren't being taught in the first place is the point. In quite a few classes throughout high school I remember we'd end up talking to each other, and even the teacher most times during the whole period. That's not teaching me what I need to know. If the teacher don't know or care about what he's supposed to be teaching how is the student supposed to know or care is the sentiment majority of the time.
Quiann00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Quiann00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:56am

Lol I'm trying to imagine this happening in a college classroom. The way some of my professors would tell her to walk her ass out of their classes if she doesn't like the way they teach is a hilarious image.

By her first semester she'll learn that the burden of learning falls on her. Not her professor. But she'll see! 

I agree
If this was my college class, I would have told her to sit her ass down or run me the credit hour cost of the class.  I couldn't stand disruptive students.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 1:56am
People aren't allowed to be passionate. If your voice gets to loud, you show too much emotion, if you go past the allotted amount of investment in a topic you are "doing too much".

We are all just suppose to fit into the box. Sit down, shut up and take it. Don't like something? Go through the system to get it changed. The same system that has been screwing you over for years.

Apparently being fed up is reserved for certain people. Teenagers can't have a breaking point.

People who are willing to stand up for something is what this world needs.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 24>
  Share Topic